OMG, Office 14 is coming out in 2009-2010

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Yeah, Microsoft is superstitious about the number 13 so they bypassed Office 13 to work on Office 14 right now. We just got Office 2007 (aka Office 12) and now Office 14 is already in the works, lol. *sigh*, neverending. Windows is also releasing a new OS too around the same time.

Vienna aka BlackComb is supposed to be released somewhere in 2009-2011, and Office 14 also. Expect delays. They say it's going to be having a 32-bit and a 64-bit support, but I am sure the 32-bit is going to be dropped.

I would certainly hope that the 32 bit would be dropped. Even with Vista, majority of the OS are 32 bit. Everyone I know have 32 bit Vista installed and no 64 bits available. Even the one I'm using is 32 bit.

Office 2007 is a little tougher to use I feel. Office 2000, Office XP (2002), Office 2003 were all so similar that it was no big deal. But wow, Office 2007 is like a whole new design. I can't even use it half the time because I would be spending too much time trying to find a stupid function or feature. I'm still using Office 2003 that's on my laptop, lol. The compatibility mode of Office 2007 is neat. It's the first time I've seen that before. It allows easy transition from older Office files to work with new Office software.

Even Windows Live Mail (I upgraded to the Beta instead of using regular Hotmail) is similar to Vista and Office 2007. Both have these so-called "Start" buttons. The Windows Live Mail looks very similar to Exchange, but has some Hotmail qualities so that's pretty nice. I like it. Im' use to it already. The preview pane is nice in there. I just can't wait for them to get out of the beta phase.

lhuser said:
Vienna aka BlackComb is supposed to be released somewhere in 2009-2011, and Office 14 also. Expect delays. They say it's going to be having a 32-bit and a 64-bit support, but I am sure the 32-bit is going to be dropped.

I thought vista was supposed to be out for 10 years though? I might as well skip vista and get the next one.

Good luck waiting. It's a long one. Vista is hitting stores hard and all their PCs are Vista equipped. It's already mainstream. Now I'm getting this stupid error message in regards to my monitor's device driver, lol. I'm not going to worry about it right now since everything is working fine on Vista. It might just need an update or I can always uninstall the monitor or display adapter.

TRDCorolla said:
Good luck waiting. It's a long one. Vista is hitting stores hard and all their PCs are Vista equipped. It's already mainstream. Now I'm getting this stupid error message in regards to my monitor's device driver, lol. I'm not going to worry about it right now since everything is working fine on Vista. It might just need an update or I can always uninstall the monitor or display adapter.

I might get vista, but not if a new OS is only 2 or 3 years away. Vista is already on the somewhat expensive side. I'll probably wind up with vista one way or the other since it's becoming mainstream, which is fine with me as long as they get the driver issues fixed.

The good thing is any new PC or laptop you buy now, will all come standard with Vista on it. As for what versions, I guess it depends on how much you spend. Most likey if you buy it retail from stores, you'll be using Home Premium with the option of Business Edition if you're interested.

I'm happy with Office 2007. The team that developed it did a VERY nice job. The whole streamlined 'ribbon' interface is clean, simple and elegant. The best thing is that it's easy to use as well. :)

I like Office 2007, use it for work. Took me a while to get used to it. And just because they say they will be releasing in then, doesnt mean they will lol.

Back
Top Bottom