NBA All Star Weekend

TRDCorolla said:
Dang, did you guys see it? What about the slam dunk contest? Woo baby, that was sweet to watch. When they play it in slo mo like that, wow, it's some athleticism these players have. Talk about flying....

Each year as I watch the slam dunk contest, there is always something new to the dunk style. This year, it was new and a pleasure to watch. This guy dunked a ball, added some mid air flair to it. While in the air, one arm was free to slap a sticker on the back of the backboard while the other arm went through the motion and dunked the ball with authority.

THen you got this little short guy who banked it off the backboard, did a 360 mid air tomahawk slam. Then again, the other player pulled out the table literally and flew right over it, did the windmill motion and wham bam thank you maam, the ball went through the rim. Earlier on, one of the teammate bounced the ball off of the backboard while the other guy trailed him. He sprung up, grabbed the ball in mid air and did a double pump jam. Wow.....

Stupid Michael Jordan has been giving out 8's and 9's all night until the last dunk when Gerald Green from the Boston Celtics pulled out the table. Man, watch it on ESPN highlights tonight. Good stuff.

Aren't there any sport fans in here at all? Come on, we can't be all just computer geeks. Got to get a life somewhere and branch out. It's nice to see car threads in here too.

Didn't MJ himself win that competition a few times?

Yeah, he did. He took off from the free throw line and sealed the deal. He also won one in his early years (I think from his rookie year). He was truly "Air Jordan" and no one deserves that name today, not even Vince Carter or Kobe Bryant.

TRDCorolla said:
Yeah, he did. He took off from the free throw line and sealed the deal. He also won one in his early years (I think from his rookie year). He was truly "Air Jordan" and no one deserves that name today, not even Vince Carter or Kobe Bryant.

Vince Carter = Gawd. I'm sorry but that dunk over that 7 foot French guy is far superior then MJ's dunk. It takes a lot to do what MJ did, but it takes a lot more to jump over a freakin giant and make a play. :D

Michael had style during his flight towards the basket. I believe he is the same height as Vince Carter too. I still remember Vince's first slam dunk contest. He blew me away and was probably the best I've seen since the Jordan era. He had the hops big time. I liked the one when he hooked his arm through the hoop. Then he tried to imitate Jordan (aka Julius Erving) by taking off from the free throw line. He made the shot, but his foot was like way inside the free throw line. Jordan took off like almost right on the line which was incredible.

Dominique Wilkins is another guy I remember that was so good. He was called the Human Highlight Film because of his superb plays. He and Jordan were competing against each other back to back for two straight years trying to win the slam dunk contest. Man, they had some really nice original dunks.

Jordan set the pace, but I feel that Vince and Bryant are going to come up with something new, but their time is kind of fading...so idk.

They're all getting old now so they don't have the same energy as they use to. I'm here close to LA so I watch a lot of Lakers games. Kobe isn't as athletic as he use to be when he dunks. He will make great flying layups and will try to dunk, but I can tell he's getting tired.

The All-Star game tomorrow should be really sweet to watch. Kobe's in it and so is Vince.

I honestly haven't kept up with basketball in years. I stopped watching after all the fights and drug scandals going on. The "pros" kind of turned me off for that sport. I'm more fond of Lacrosse and Football now.

Jenox said:
I honestly haven't kept up with basketball in years. I stopped watching after all the fights and drug scandals going on. The "pros" kind of turned me off for that sport. I'm more fond of Lacrosse and Football now.
Ahh, Lacrosse!!! Where do you live? It's pretty popular here in Buffalo, NY, but no one really knows anything about it in most places.

It hasn't been that bad in the NBA as of late. I haven't been following all the games either, but I keep track of how they do every now and then on NBA.com. There were some pretty big blockbuster trades including the Allen Iverson deal. I'm just looking forward to the Playoffs after the all star break.

freestyler105 said:
Ahh, Lacrosse!!! Where do you live? It's pretty popular here in Buffalo, NY, but no one really knows anything about it in most places.

I'll name my team, then you'll figure it out. LumberJax. We own. End of story. :D :D :D

I already took March 10th off for the All-Star game, and yes, it is held here in my city. :D

Back
Top Bottom