Who has Windows Vista already?

I have vista on my usb drive, thank god i didnt install over main xp one lol, for me i play games and the support sucks for Nvidia on Vista and SLI. ANd if i was going to use it permanently id upgrade to 4gb. With the programs i run at the moment in the background b4 i even play games i need 2gb, Vista uses more so id need 4. So until something amazing happens like... Nvidia pull their fingers out im staying with XP, I liked Vista tho, very quick and neat looking.

Anubis1980 said:
I have vista on my usb drive, thank god i didnt install over main xp one lol, for me i play games and the support sucks for Nvidia on Vista and SLI. ANd if i was going to use it permanently id upgrade to 4gb. With the programs i run at the moment in the background b4 i even play games i need 2gb, Vista uses more so id need 4. So until something amazing happens like... Nvidia pull their fingers out im staying with XP, I liked Vista tho, very quick and neat looking.

how did you fit Vista on a USB drive? it must be one huge freakin USB drive.

Jenox said:
Well 3GBs of RAM is just to cover the resources Vista uses, then enough RAM to game efficiently with. Vista takes up WAY to much memory, it's an OS, it's supposed to use LITTLE memory, applications use the memory, not the OS itself. Vista is a flawed design in my opinion.

It's a brand new OS. Let it's weaknesses get ironed out, for christ's sake...

Everyone bitched the same way about XP when it first came out. :rolleyes:

ye in about a year or so when everything is finally sorted out people will be like why did we ever use XP it sucks. Then there'll be a new OS and we'll all be hatin on that. (tho this wil be years later just to add)

alvino said:
It's a brand new OS. Let it's weaknesses get ironed out, for christ's sake...

Everyone bitched the same way about XP when it first came out. :rolleyes:

Yeah you'd think with the six-years it was being developed they might take memory conservation into consideration. Unless YOU want to buy me more memory that is, then I'll lay off the resource thing, until then, take a chill pill. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also what size USB Drive was it that you used to fit Vista on it Anubis1980?

I just installed Ultimate and its pretty cool looking, except two things, I can't figure out hwo to do the 3D desktop thing(but thats my own stupidity), and Guild Wars runs a a littl eflaky if you minimize it then try to reopen it it freezes...but i'll see if it goes better after another try...and i've got 2gb of ram

Jenox said:
Yeah you'd think with the six-years it was being developed they might take memory conservation into consideration. Unless YOU want to buy me more memory that is, then I'll lay off the resource thing, until then, take a chill pill. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also what size USB Drive was it that you used to fit Vista on it Anubis1980?

Yeah, I'd like to see you code a whole OS too. :rolleyes:

Have some patience...it'll get more streamlined later (Service Pack 1 is rumored to be released later this year). Becides, judging the OS based on your experiences with a beta version doesn't do much (it's beta for a reason). The RTM is certainly better at memory resourcing. It's far from perfect, I'll admit, but it's better than what I experienced with the first and second Release Candidate versions.

Jenox said:
I thought he was talking about a Flash Drive. :p

Haha, same. Usually when you say USB drive, people think of those thumbdrives, not the external hard drive ones. :p

alvino said:
Yeah, I'd like to see you code a whole OS too. :rolleyes:

Have some patience...it'll get more streamlined later (Service Pack 1 is rumored to be released later this year). Becides, judging the OS based on your experiences with a beta version doesn't do much (it's beta for a reason). The RTM is certainly better at memory resourcing. It's far from perfect, I'll admit, but it's better than what I experienced with the first and second Release Candidate versions.

Haha, same. Usually when you say USB drive, people think of those thumbdrives, not the external hard drive ones. :p

Yeah but I'm stilling hearing complaints on the memory consumption just by the OS itself. At the moment I only have 1GB of RAM, I don't have enough money at the moment to buy another gigabyte of it. So I have to work with what I got, and from what some of my friends in A+ Comp. hardware said, you'll need 2GB+ to be efficient in Vista.

Yeah about that flash drive thing, I was wondering if he got a stripped down version of Vista and fit it on a flash drive. I only have a 1GB Flash Drive, the 2GB ones are quite spendy. :p

Back
Top Bottom