Build help, please look!

btw: this is my first custom mobo, im used to the dell bios which is super easy to use, so theres a shit load of little things that i have no idea what to do with, so i loaded defaults, are there possible things that i need to change?

bullzi said:
btw: this is my first custom mobo, im used to the dell bios which is super easy to use, so theres a shit load of little things that i have no idea what to do with, so i loaded defaults, are there possible things that i need to change?
There will be little tweaks to speed up boot times, or for OCing and stuff. But there shouldnt be anything in default settings that would cause problems. It could be something simple like a dirty disc or dodgy IDE cable etc

well its a brand new disc, and ive tried my neighbors as well, still the same thing... ive tried different cables, different HD's all the same effect.. right now its working with linux, so theres something wrong here..

Ive just re read your first post and just noticed something. You have got your CD drive as primary master, this should be the HDD, and the CD drive should be secondary master. I really need to start reading these posts slower lol :)

haha well the thing is i have two ide ports, and im using two different ide cables, so that shouldnt be the problem, or is that the same for two cables? cause i know thats what you would do with one cable

It is a problem mate, your primary IDE should always be the HDD, it should be set as the primary master, and the CD should be setup as secondary master (both seperate cables), its common practice. Try swapping the cables round and see what happens.

also make sure your jumper settings are correct and have you tried the disk in a different cd rom drive as this could be the problem

muz379 said:
also make sure your jumper settings are correct and have you tried the disk in a different cd rom drive as this could be the problem

yea ive tried multiple cd's, and multiple cd-roms, all with the same effect, i have ubuntu linux running perfectly right now though

Back
Top Bottom