Who has Windows Vista already?

Lucky, i won't have mine for awhile... i have to many other things i'm working on, then i'll dabble into it eventually.

@google guru. i just find the whole network thing more reliable. im sure you can connect to multiple networks aswell in vista which is quite useful. theres also many more settings you can change such as extra passwords, etc. oh in the network bit you can see the router your connected to and access it if you know the username and password. saves a bit of hassle. especially for the n00bs. theres just several little things which make it good. i still havent fully explored them all yet

I went to Office Max and was looking at it, but it wouldn't let me past the login screen lol. Not even using the "customer login"

dude_se said:
@google guru. i just find the whole network thing more reliable. im sure you can connect to multiple networks aswell in vista which is quite useful. theres also many more settings you can change such as extra passwords, etc. oh in the network bit you can see the router your connected to and access it if you know the username and password. saves a bit of hassle. especially for the n00bs. theres just several little things which make it good. i still havent fully explored them all yet
Lol, can't you just type in your router's IP address in an internet browser and access it that way? :confused:

No point in upgrading to Vista. Besides, just to upgrade I need 3GBs of RAM, a dual-core CPU, and at least a DX10 video card, to fully use the OS as it was intended. So, about $500 dollars later, then buy the OS, $100 or so, you're looking at $600 just to get Vista. Definitely not going to upgrade. No sir.

Jenox said:
No point in upgrading to Vista. Besides, just to upgrade I need 3GBs of RAM, a dual-core CPU, and at least a DX10 video card, to fully use the OS as it was intended. So, about $500 dollars later, then buy the OS, $100 or so, you're looking at $600 just to get Vista. Definitely not going to upgrade. No sir.
Well said. But I'd say it could run pretty good without 3GB of RAM.

too much of a resource hog. I am not having any trouble with XP so "why fix something if it ain't broken" so to speak?

To be telling you the truth, I made a hopefully complete migration to Linux now.

Windows is too shaky, but the best version I find better is XP. All the others have more cons, especially ME. 98 wasn't the best, but it was good. 95 was good, but lacks in new tech. 2000 is...slow, maybe because I don't have the good driver set.

Windows XP is the best out of them all, but Vista contains more features, but is too slow.

Linux is awful for booting time, but at least, I have a secure boot and it loads the rest. Vista "Adapts" to your machine, but is actually using the resource at first.

All those at Future shop, etc, saying that is' a powerful OS and all that and it's worth upgrading...they're just either enthusiastic for the most up to date system or they want your money.

lhuser said:
To be telling you the truth, I made a hopefully complete migration to Linux now.

Windows is too shaky, but the best version I find better is XP. All the others have more cons, especially ME. 98 wasn't the best, but it was good. 95 was good, but lacks in new tech. 2000 is...slow, maybe because I don't have the good driver set.

Windows XP is the best out of them all, but Vista contains more features, but is too slow.

Linux is awful for booting time, but at least, I have a secure boot and it loads the rest. Vista "Adapts" to your machine, but is actually using the resource at first.

All those at Future shop, etc, saying that is' a powerful OS and all that and it's worth upgrading...they're just either enthusiastic for the most up to date system or they want your money.
Yeah. I've experienced the whole Future Shop thing. :rolleyes:

I found Windows 2000 pretty good...while using it on friends' computers. I've only ran 95, 98 and XP on mine. I loved 98, but XP's features and whatnot (especially not having to find drivers for every USB thing you hook up) makes it my favorite too.

Back
Top Bottom