A Vote on Bad Threads

Re: A vote on bad forums

UK31337 said:
ComputerForums.org is a "forum". What borat_sagdiyev posted was a thread.

Please make this distinction. If this forum was closed, David would disable ALL posting on it!1
Forum, thread, whatever, as to David, he is more than happy to leave this forum alone, & he says that he will leave closing it, because of arguments etc, to me, so, if anyone closes it, I shall re-open it, can I just make myself clear here, whatever the result, I shall of course go along with it, that's what voting is all about, I once had a position as chief voting officer for a local council, so I know what I'm talking about.

It would of been easier if you just set up a poll on the thread. (I think if you made it you can click thread options and add a poll that way.)

alvino said:
Haha, how does your privacy get violated by Microsoft with Vista? Hahah, I actually laughed out loud when I read that.
because they can screw you over by disabling your drivers if your pc is not vista certified.

borat_sagdiyev said:
because they can screw you over by disabling your drivers if your pc is not vista certified.
Never heard of that, can you post a link to that info for me? Cheers

borat_sagdiyev said:

That is actually not true. I'm using Vista and they highly recommend that you install drivers signed by Microsoft, but if they aren't, they're not going to gimp your computer. :rolleyes:

That's almost as ridiculous as the recent rumor that if you didn't have a legally activated version of Windows Vista, Microsoft would disable your computer. :rolleyes:

wikipedia said:
Devices such as graphic cards must be approved by Microsoft. Depending on what the content demands, the devices may not pass premium content over non-encrypted outputs, or they must artificially degrade the quality of the signal on such outputs or not display it all. There is also a revocation mechanism that allows Microsoft to disable drivers of compromised devices in end-user PCs over the Interne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_vista#Criticism

Yeah, one of the complaints was about HDCP. Another reason why I'm not ready to adopt any of the next-gen formats like Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.

Brookfield said:
Forum, thread, whatever, as to David, he is more than happy to leave this forum alone, & he says that he will leave closing it, because of arguments etc, to me, so, if anyone closes it, I shall re-open it, can I just make myself clear here, whatever the result, I shall of course go along with it, that's what voting is all about, I once had a position as chief voting officer for a local council, so I know what I'm talking about.

Can you please use proper grammar and punctuation? That was the biggest run-on sentence i've ever seen in my life.

borat_sagdiyev said:

Wiki is really not a valid source, it has been shown repeatedly that the information is often skewed, or shall believe the recent stuff that was posted about CF....

In terms of the actual thread topic, I think if you are gonna post some stuff then there should be a warning, I really don't want to view stuff like skinning animals, yeah it exists, but I don't want to see it especially as I think that the posts have been posted just to make an impact!!!

In other forums I use, the post popular term is NSFW, "Not suitable for Work"

Back
Top Bottom