Who has Windows Vista already?

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
I was just curious and wanted to know who was upgraded already. I know people have posted it in random threads and there might of been a thread on this already, but here goes.

Le GoogelGuRu said:
Are there many bugs?
well ive been using it since like april of last year. and the final version (came out november), it doesnt have THAT many bugs but i still wouldnt use it for a while.

Ive got the final version from my action pack, and its working fine so far. Only problem is there isnt a graphics driver for my laptop so the highest res i can get is 1024x768

im posting off it right now. as ive said in other threads its ok. in fact i loved it when i first installed it. after a while you begin to realise that xp does the job just fine. especially if you have a laptop (uses less batt). the best thing in vista is the network bit. the one in xp is crap. however in vista the wireless signal thing is crap. it always gives me a reading of 3 or 4 bars when i hover the mouse over it. xp gives me a proper reading. ive got 3 outta 5 bars now and im actually right next to the router. xp gives me 5 outta 5. i can live with it though. i just think it isnt worth the £200 right now. mine was free so thats why i have it

lhuser said:
I have used it, but it was just making my system lose performance.
Yeah, that was the main reason why I haven't upgraded. My computer sucks enough as it is, with 512MB of RAM and a 128MB video card. Windows XP runs smoothly on it, and that's good enough for me.

dude_se said:
im posting off it right now. as ive said in other threads its ok. in fact i loved it when i first installed it. after a while you begin to realise that xp does the job just fine. especially if you have a laptop (uses less batt). the best thing in vista is the network bit. the one in xp is crap. however in vista the wireless signal thing is crap. it always gives me a reading of 3 or 4 bars when i hover the mouse over it. xp gives me a proper reading. ive got 3 outta 5 bars now and im actually right next to the router. xp gives me 5 outta 5. i can live with it though. i just think it isnt worth the £200 right now. mine was free so thats why i have it
What's new in the whole wireless networking stuff in Vista anyway?

Back
Top Bottom