my computer has broke!

thesinter

Baseband Member
here is what happens..i go to turn on my computer and everything starts up normally, until i it gets to the part were windows is loading up (right before the login screen) ...MY computer restarts itself..us so then it gives me the choices: safemode, last working configuration, etc. None of them work(my comp restarts on safe and the others)
to me this sounds like a bad harddrive. but i'm not sure

what do you think is the problem?

try the safe mode option if it boots up in safe mode its not a serious problem.
sound like it could bee a driver have you installed anything recently.
you can always use the system restore to go back to a date when it was working fine

They have already tried safe mode doesnt work. But it could still be a driver or something u have installed. So many things it could be, have u done anything to it to make it do this? i mean installed anything etc or was it just 'out of the blue'.

the only thing i have istalled was project reality mod for bf2 a week ago...also i set up dual monitors at that same time

but a couple of days ago i tried defragmenting(i think that was the term) my harddrive and said it could not do that because of missing files or somthing like that

system restoring my comp would not bother anything... so is there a way of doing that without being loged in?

If it is a driver problem (display/video card maybe?), then boot in VGA mode. Otherwise, use your XP disc and repair your installation.

well i did try what raffez said but the commands would not work because i could not see what the commands were because i was using my wii to view them (yes i typed all those paragraphs on my wii) but i did get windows to reinstalle and everything is working perfectly... thanks everyone

There really isn't a solution. Reformat. Or try resetting CMOS as a hardware change usually causes that error to happen. Every time I've encountered that error I've had to reformat...not fun.

thesinter said:
well i did try what raffez said but the commands would not work because i could not see what the commands were because i was using my wii to view them (yes i typed all those paragraphs on my wii) but i did get windows to reinstalle and everything is working perfectly... thanks everyone
U not got a printer? lol

Back
Top Bottom