Who agrees with me?

To me, I see no point in it. My life is fine without all that stuff influcencing my brain and body.

I can understand those who need it for medicinal uses though. For some it helps, but some just do it to look cool or because they're friends do it. Bleh.

lhuser said:
Boardordi, people shouldn't try it, because one puff can get you addicted and can screw people up. It's all in the brain alteration, and for those who aren't affected, well, they pay for it.
pot???!!??? one puff will most certainly not get you addicted, it has absolutely no addictive traits, and you cannot become physically addicted to it, cigarettes are just stupid, a waste of money, i mean, at least with pot you get a high, cigarettes=the stoopidness
Taylor said:
ok, so that still doesnt help the fact that some people cant control themselves from doing bad stuff. And if the only thing wrong with it you say is that it leads to meth and other worse drugs, thats really bad. Doesnt it make sense to kill the source?
not even joking, in all seriousness about 75% of my school smokes pot, i know of one kid that went on to do harder drugs, and she recovered, but she was messed up to begin with, it doesnt just have to do with that, other factors contribute

The reason the penalties on drugs are so harsh is because it's the government's responsibility. We give up the freedom to do whatever we want in return for their protection of are natural rights, life, liberty, and (pursuit of happiness)/(property). Drugs is considered to be in violation of the right to life (it kills people, violates a person's right to feel safe). It effects many people other than the user--families, friends, etc. There is always a negative outcome to drugs, even if it's just the disconnection from others when some kid in his basement smokes pot everyday.

I've smoked pot before but I got off it because I usually found myself out of full awareness. I was easily confused and things were hard to grasp. It was easy to just not care about something (homework, etc.). I absolutely hated that feeling and I know it effected others even if he/she didn't know what the source/cause was. I've had experience with being in the drug/alcohol scene, and being in the clean/drug-free scene, so my opinion is not bias.

Jenox said:
Marijuana is a gateway drug

you said it yourself.. if its a gateway drug, thats a very good reason to ban it.. smoking pot leads you onto harder drugs, which aint good.. if you ban the gateway drug, people dont get onto the harder stuff (well, not as readily)

mark thorpe said:
you said it yourself.. if its a gateway drug, thats a very good reason to ban it.. smoking pot leads you onto harder drugs, which aint good.. if you ban the gateway drug, people dont get onto the harder stuff (well, not as readily)
I dont really agree with this. If you ban the gateway drug, then a different drug will become the gateway drug. At the end of the day drugs are always gonna be around, its up to the individual to decide if they wanna use them or not.

Raffaz said:
I dont really agree with this. If you ban the gateway drug, then a different drug will become the gateway drug. At the end of the day drugs are always gonna be around, its up to the individual to decide if they wanna use them or not.
good point, i agree

mark thorpe said:

I do see your point, however I do not think the drug itself leads you to harder drugs, the individual does. Marijuana is a drug that allows the mind to become less stressed, and more relaxed. For those who have had extremely bad days, and know of marijuana, find this as a God send.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, for some it's a pill, for others it's marijuana, and for some it might be something completely different then indulging their body with something.

Marijuana is mainly a social thing, however, like everything else in the world, people like to do it on their own. Contrary to what you said, I think banning the drug would only strengthen its use. The people who smoke pot are generally 14-25, from what I can tell at least, and at those ages you're far more rebellious then older people. Banning the drug would make younger people want it even more, as people want what they can't have.

I will say though that I see everyone's points as valid and clear as you make them, I'm just addressing everything with an open mind and with my own personal experiences, as a lot can be learned from drug use, and whether or not you are for or against it. :)

Back
Top Bottom