Who agrees with me?

mark thorpe said:
how can you say that ecstacy isnt a hard drug either?? its a class A...

I know it's a hardcore drug, but it's no where near as hardcore as cocaine or heroin, even meth.

GlasseyeUK said:
...the health nazi's do like to dictate what we can and can't do to our bodies

What I've come to understand is that there really isn't anything you do in today's world that really doesn't harm your body one way or another. Everything you do to make your body function has some chemical in it that is in some way or another, "harmful" to your body. It's "how harmful' and does it pass a test the determine the severity caused to your body.

Simply walking down the road is harmful, toxins from cars, pollutants in the air, chemicals, there's millions of things that occur in one single breath that are harmful to the body.

If anyone is to dictate how I treat my body, they can just shove it. It's my body, it's my mind, if I choose to stimulate my mind via a drug and have a good time with my friends at the same time, then so be it. It's my choice, I live with the consequences.

It's people who abuse the drug/s and allow the consequences to rule their life that cause such a negative impact on a drug or anything for that matter. The one's who complain are the one's who win the argument.

alvino said:
Either way, I could care less about those strict drug policies, because I know better than to fill my body with that useless shit.

To some people it's not "shit". People do all kinds of drugs, alcohol, marijuana, anything to stimulate the body or mind, all the time. In fact drugs are so commonly used in ceremonies and offerings it's quite hard to fathom. We drink alcohol at weddings, we smoke tobacco with friends and family or just strangers, we take drugs to help make the mood more socially acceptable.

The fact of the matter is that drugs are a social aspect. It's a way to get to know other people, to enjoy people's company, to satisfy yourself, in any given matter. Just because someone calls it "shit" or "useless" doesn't mean that that's how it should be perceived by all. Smoking has gone so far back in history, an example would be the Native American's. They used to smoke a peace pipe, filled with all kinds of things to smoke. Neighboring allies or new allies would come together, and smoke, as a sign of friendship and peace.

Although times have changed, the concept behind it all is still present till this day. It's a social thing. If there's people around, chances of drug use increases, because it's a way to increase the joy of being in another's presence. Although some would say, "You can use other forms to entertain each other", yes, this is true, but chances are if they're doing drugs in the first place, they've probably tried those other methods, disliked them, and discovered a drug, and then they use that instead.

Drugs do have draw backs and side affects, but in all seriousness, what doesn't have a side affect or consequence? :confused:

Jenox said:
but in all seriousness, what doesn't have a side affect or consequence? :confused:

lol true true. the consequences of hardcore drugs are greater than alot of things though

dude_se said:
lol true true. the consequences of hardcore drugs are greater than alot of things though

Yeah but so is getting in a car. Yet most people do it everyday, and without hesitation. There's no difference, people willingly put themselves at harm's risk to ensure some sort of gain. People get in cars knowing that they could be involved in a fatal accident, but it's worth the risk to make it on time to work. So what's the difference when all you're doing is stimulating your mind for a few hours? Both have consequences, yet one is "bad" while the other is "ok". And why is that...because it's socially acceptable, and just something we do...? :confused:

hmm i see your point... imo drugs are still much more dangerous. its also not just about causing accidents its also about the mental damage. tlkin of mental damage i need sleep. its gone 3am here lol

mark thorpe said:
their going towards banning smoking, its banned in public places (pubs etc) in a couple of months over here, looking forward to that IMO, i dont smoke, and i hate the smell of it..

It's been banned in Scotland since March '06, and boy does it make a difference. You won't know just how sweet the ban is until it takes effect, you'll love it.

That said, I'm a drinker, a reasonably heavy one. And, if weed were legally available like it is in the Netherlands etc., I'd be a stoner too. I've never touched weed or any other illegal drugs, but I'd like to try it once or twice, despite the physical and social side effects it carries.

boardordi, im gonna have to disagree. First of all, theres not tons of 80 year old men. There are men that are alot younger than that, and have loads of experience. Thats why they are in such high positions.
And for the part about legalizing more drugs i disagree entirely. Marijuana fricks you up bad. Watch cops sometimes and youll see the effects. I would say that 99% of the people on that show are on drugs or have had drugs.

Taylor said:
boardordi, im gonna have to disagree. First of all, theres not tons of 80 year old men. There are men that are alot younger than that, and have loads of experience. Thats why they are in such high positions.
And for the part about legalizing more drugs i disagree entirely. Marijuana fricks you up bad. Watch cops sometimes and you'll see the effects. I would say that 99% of the people on that show are on drugs or have had drugs.

First of which, people in high positions generally don't have experience, or at least not as much as you would like to believe. If you've ever taken a look at the informal-qualifications for being in a high political position, you'll note that a vast majority of it is heavily based upon family reputation, collage/s attended, and overall wealth. There's a huge difference between being "experienced" and being "educated". Don't ever mistake one for the other...

Marijuana, does not fuck you up bad. It's the easily ranked as the safest drug to use. Ask any person who has taken marijuana, and then taken any other drug. Marijuana is a gateway drug, it's an easy going high, not a hard high like cocaine or meth. All that it is marijuana is THC, as opposed to many other drugs which are a combined chemical in one solution, e.g meth.

Saying that marijuana fucks you up bad, is in its entirety, a false statement. What fucks you up bad, is what marijuana can lead you to, if you're not satisfied with your high after awhile. Which is why people generally use coke or ecstasy as their second drug, because they want to experience a better, longer, harder high.

Evidence for this is every party I've ever attended, and let me tell you, I like party, actually am fixing to go out here in a few hours. Aside form that, marijuana is NOT what the politicians and health nuts make it out to be. Marijuana is weak-sauce compared to other drugs.

And of course people on Cops use marijuana. It's a very easily accessible drug, relatively cheap, and provides a longer lasting high. Most people who smoke, snort, or inject any other drug, has at one point done marijuana or has it on them. One thing you'll also notice is that people will combine different drugs with marijuana. A very common lace with marijuana is cocaine, these are what is commonly referred to as a "Cocoa Puff".

Point is, don't try to condemn something just because you hear someone say one thing or see an episode of cops. Get both sides of the story, when discussing issues like this, it's bias that will ruin the argument, and ruin any potential there for you to gain knowledge of something, even if you don't like it, you can at least get the other side's argument and come out knowing a few more things then you did before. :)

Jenox said:
First of which, people in high positions generally don't have experience, or at least not as much as you would like to believe. If you've ever taken a look at the informal-qualifications for being in a high political position, you'll note that a vast majority of it is heavily based upon family reputation, collage/s attended, and overall wealth. There's a huge difference between being "experienced" and being "educated". Don't ever mistake one for the other...

Marijuana, does not fuck you up bad. It's the easily ranked as the safest drug to use. Ask any person who has taken marijuana, and then taken any other drug. Marijuana is a gateway drug, it's an easy going high, not a hard high like cocaine or meth. All that it is marijuana is THC, as opposed to many other drugs which are a combined chemical in one solution, e.g meth.

Saying that marijuana fucks you up bad, is in its entirety, a false statement. What fucks you up bad, is what marijuana can lead you to, if you're not satisfied with your high after awhile. Which is why people generally use coke or ecstasy as their second drug, because they want to experience a better, longer, harder high.

Evidence for this is every party I've ever attended, and let me tell you, I like party, actually am fixing to go out here in a few hours. Aside form that, marijuana is NOT what the politicians and health nuts make it out to be. Marijuana is weak-sauce compared to other drugs.

And of course people on Cops use marijuana. It's a very easily accessible drug, relatively cheap, and provides a longer lasting high. Most people who smoke, snort, or inject any other drug, has at one point done marijuana or has it on them. One thing you'll also notice is that people will combine different drugs with marijuana. A very common lace with marijuana is cocaine, these are what is commonly referred to as a "Cocoa Puff".

Point is, don't try to condemn something just because you hear someone say one thing or see an episode of cops. Get both sides of the story, when discussing issues like this, it's bias that will ruin the argument, and ruin any potential there for you to gain knowledge of something, even if you don't like it, you can at least get the other side's argument and come out knowing a few more things then you did before. :)

thank you, i just think that unless you've tried it, you cant talk about it like that taylor, just because youll see, i dont know if i act differently, but i know my friends i cant tell the difference

ok, so that still doesnt help the fact that some people cant control themselves from doing bad stuff. And if the only thing wrong with it you say is that it leads to meth and other worse drugs, thats really bad. Doesnt it make sense to kill the source?

Boardordi, people shouldn't try it, because one puff can get you addicted and can screw people up. It's all in the brain alteration, and for those who aren't affected, well, they pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom