Strange scenerio with one of my laptops - help?

eapro said:
do laptops have a slave slot, because I have another laptop. If not I can use my desktop.

I guess it depends on how many connections the cable has...? I know nothing of laptops (never had one)...

I don't know much about desktops either, but I had a drive that used to be my boot drive and I had some folders that only my login could access, when I made it into my slave I could no longer access those folders until I booted up in safe mode and took "ownership" of them with my administrator login on my new boot drive, then I just copied the files over to an accessible folder...

I have no idea if it will work in your case, just a suggestion and if it works it would be better than formatting and starting from scratch...

OMG, I can't open this thing. I removed every screw on it and it still doesn't budge. :eek:

eapro said:
do laptops have a slave slot, because I have another laptop. If not I can use my desktop.

the laptop drives i have set into existing systems didn't need any jumpers. I used an adapter to make the laptop drive fit onto a standard IDE cable, and everything booted fine.

not sure if its this exact one, but it lookes exactly like it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812203012

lhuser said:
Think System restore ;)

That should help.

That wouldn't have worked because I don't have access to anything but IE and a game if you read above. But I found a way around it. I downloaded Firefox in safe mode, then I downloaded Tweak Manager and removed the restrictions.

If you want to keep tweaking, but dont wanna use that program any more, windows xp has a nice tweeker by microsoft. on MS's home page, search for XP power toys. what you want is Tweak XP.

oh glad you got it working. i dont have to explain how to work cain and abel then

Back
Top Bottom