I Phone

computerpro

In Runtime
Well its about time for me to buy a new cell phone to replace my existing anicent device. I just wanted to here you opinions about the new I Phone. Is it a good choice?

If you like Cingular, I guess it's okay. Pretty expensive though. $499 for the 4GB and $599 for the 8GB. It's pretty nice if you want a smartphone that can do almost everything. If you just want something to well...make phone calls, then get something else.

My gripes about it are the price, lack of 3G and the everlasting Apple tradition of integrated batteries (still haven't learned...).

They realize that all people seem to care about is looks, so it has to be thin, and for that, it needs to have a built in non-replaceable battery to compact it in there.

I would wait a little, sopposevely theres going to be a new open source motorola phone coming out that directly competes with the i-phone.I also find the i-phone waaay to pricy... 499 for the base model with a required 2 year subscription with cimnguar. I personally wouldnt get it..and i have the money to but i wont because i have verizon and where i live (around new yor city) verizon is awesome, ive had no problems with it...now if it was for verizon i probably would wait a little untill the price dimmed down.... just a bit pricy on my opinion

IMO I think its overpriced... I'd rather have a seperate iPod rather in an iPod in my cell phone. (Although its kinda ironic since I have a site on it, but yeah. :p )

Why can't they just put numbers, a receiver, and a mic on an iPod? Cool idea with the iPhone, but 4Gs? 8Gs? I guess you can put a couple songs on it… Once the iPod video is fully integrated with a phone, then we'll be talking. Think about it, you're whole movie collection, music collection, plus internet, and a cell phone...that'd be alright.

Why can't they just put numbers, a receiver, and a mic on an iPod? Cool idea with the iPhone, but 4Gs? 8Gs? I guess you can put a couple songs on it… Once the iPod video is fully integrated with a phone, then we'll be talking. Think about it, you're whole movie collection, music collection, plus internet, and a cell phone...that'd be alright

Word

The iPhone really isn't that great. Sure, it looks good on paper, and it's appealing to most eyes, but theres some serious drawbacks. A major one is the battery. It is not user replaceable, so when your battery finally dies (I mean dies completely...not just out of charge), you either need a new phone or you need to ship it off to Apple to get it replaced. Also, there are no buttons on the screen. If the touch mechanism fails, you need a new phone or repairs...either way...you're without a phone for a bit. Also, the reliability of the phone is questionable. Apple hasn't made a phone before, so who knows if their first attempt is even going to work well?

Back
Top Bottom