Shared Memory question and Overclocking difficulty

mycompsucks9898

Baseband Member
So i have an IBM Aptiva and i have 256mb of ram. Now there is 16MB of shared memory. Is it worth it if I change it to 8MB or memory or even 4MB. Will I notice a difference??

And for should I overclock my processor? its at 550mhz. How do i do it.
When I boot up, the IBM screen comes up and it says press TAP to show POST screen or press F1 for set-up. When I press F1 I cant get to the BIOS or anything! How do I do it and where do I go? Is it worth it.

PS: Will be forcing parents to buy a new computer sometime soon.

crap pc no offence. if you dont play games the graphics will be fine at 4mb (not that you can play many games anyway). ... hmm pressing del, tap or f1 should bring up the bios. overclocking may be locked anyway. just tweak your settings in windows. less chance of you fcuking up your pc :)

hmmm my old old pc is simular to urs. xp pro seems to have slowed it down copared with home. anyway you know much about msconfig and stuff like that?

yes a little. I did turn off most of the stuff i dont need in the start-up section but i dotn know anthing else. how could it speed up my cp?

disable some of the services you dont need. eg: using the classic theme and disabling the "themes" services is a good one. also right click my comp, go to advanced, then performance>settings and untick what you dont want. also go to your documents. tools, folder options, untick the top box. for more stuff google "xp tweaks" or whatnot

Back
Top Bottom