DVD Player Won't Play DVD's

Istonian

Daemon Poster
I have a DVD drive in my computer. It will read DVD's fine, but when I try to play them it says something like can not play due to video subsystem. What do I do?

Have you got codecs etc? You need some sort of software to play the discs

No I don't. I use Windows Media Player 11. Can you give a link to the codec. Codec reminds me of a video by mega64. The Metal Gear Solid video.

Download a codec pack like ace mega codec or klite codec. Or you could use a program called gspot, which will tell you the codecs required for video/sound, then just download them individually

When it says video subsystem problems, its normally to do with not having a DVD decoder. You will get this by getting some software to play DVDs like i said above. Basically the computer cant recognise the file structure, which is were the decoder comes in

WMP needs other programs like Power dvd or win dvd to work, You could try VLC player thats plays nearly everything and not sure if that needs the other programs to work.

Anubis1980 said:
WMP needs other programs like Power dvd or win dvd to work, You could try VLC player thats plays nearly everything and not sure if that needs the other programs to work.
And theres a list of decoders :)

Back
Top Bottom