dieing hard drive??

esa193

Fully Optimized
its weird when ever i load somthing big off my hard drive like a game it starts making this tic tic tic sound
i think it might be a dieing hard drive what do you think?

also should i get 64 or 32 bit windows vista?
and can every thing run on 64

Yeah sounds like it, its normally a ggood sign when it starts clicking. I would download a HDD diagnostic tool from the HDD manufacturers site.

Its a toss up between the 2 of them. I mean 32 bit will probably have more drivers available than the 64 bit, and there isnt really any applications out for the 64 bit version yet to take advantage of the OS, but you might get slightly better performance from the 64bit OS (dont quote me on that tho). And all 32 bit programs should work on 64 bit

I had a hdd that used to do this, it broke not long after, so id back up all ur important data!! also just out of interest check its not loose in the fittings, ie rattling around when it spins up.

ya my hard drive just broke like it takes ten start ups then i cna log on but i frezze 5 mins later so im going to bring it to comp and have every thing trancfered to a newer big drive

ya its pritty old
i exspected it to go bad soon
a hard drive is the only thing on a pc with moving parts
so it usaly is the first thing to go besides case fans

esa193 said:
ya its pritty old
i exspected it to go bad soon
a hard drive is the only thing on a pc with moving parts
so it usaly is the first thing to go besides case fans
cd drive :p

Yeah i was thinking that lol, my psu has moving parts too actually, the lil hamster that runs around the wheel...

Back
Top Bottom