Boot troubles

jeo14888

Baseband Member
hi, i am trying to install a new version of windows, i am running on home edition now and am trying to install pro edition. The problem is the installation disk just won't boot. When starting up my pc i press F12 for a series of boot options, i press 4 for the dvd drive where the installation disk is located, but it just loads Windows normaly. In Bios there was an option for OS install mode (or something like that) i thoguht i had found the answer but when i went to boot it came up with a warning sign saying the memory has been restricted to 256mb press F1 to continue or F2 to reboot. I rebooted a couple more times and tried changing the boot sequence, then continued past the error messages to try and install it anyway. But whatever i seem to do it just loads Windows Home Edition. The disk im using is a friends that recently came with his new pc but the disk is unused. If anyone has any theories why this is happening i'd be gratefull. I'm going to identify my mobo make then try updating bios now. Thanks.

Just install it from XP home. Just run the setup program from the CD/DVD. Either do an upgrade or you can clean install aswell. Also, the disc could be locked to your friends PC if its OEM.

Back
Top Bottom