Nano CPU coolers?

Hey I was wondering if anybody has found much if any info on celsiatechnologies Iceon1000C. Its featured in the March07 Computer Shopper. Why would Computer Shopper even tell you about this if you can't find it anywhere on the damn web!

Not to say I'd buy it, but I would like to research it since i'm in the market for a CPU cooler. The only thing it gives me was there website www.celsiatechnologies.com The thing that got me a bit more interested from there website is they say this is supposed to be 13-times more efficient than copper cooling.

For those of you that have not seen this yet here's the article that kind of got me curious.

Nano Cooler We've never seen water-cooling on a microscopic scale like this. The $40 Celsia Iceon1000C CPU cooler looks like a standard (if smartly designed) fan-and-heat-sink CPU cooler for the Intel LGA775 chips. The science behind it is the critical difference. Celsia's intergrated NanoSpreader technology employs heat-absorbing thin copper plates that contain microchannels, inside which tiny amounts of water evaporate and recondense. According to Celsia, this liquid-vapor-liquid cycle greatly enhances cooling efficiency. (ComputerShopper March 07 Pg,104)

Most liquid cooling setups like this usually aren't that good. This could be different though, I didn't see it on their website.

I don't see anywhere to buy it, leaving me to believe it isn't released yet.

Back
Top Bottom