previous nvidia drivers

On the card is a power point for the optional IO drive, if u dont have a drive try connecting the power point anyway see what happens, also if u do have the drive connected try disconnecting it. Also do u have a integrated sound card? is this disabled...

Anubis1980 said:
On the card is a power point for the optional IO drive, if u dont have a drive try connecting the power point anyway see what happens, also if u do have the drive connected try disconnecting it. Also do u have a integrated sound card? is this disabled...

by the power point do u mean the 4 pin power plug? i have that connected to my psu because i was told it was to give the card extra power? so thats connected. my onboard sound is disabled so it shouldnt be causing problems. and wht do u mean by disconnecting the drive?

Go to system properties under the control panel, go to the hardware tab and click on device manager. Go under your video card and right click -> properties. Go under the driver tab and select roll back driver.

By the drive i meant that on some x-fi models you get a Internal unit that fits into a cd rom 5 1/4 inch bay and u can attach ur speakers to the front etc. If this is installed disconnect it and see if it helps. And i was also told to connect the power cord the one u said to the X-fi however i disconnected it as this made no difference. I was also told its only used if your x-fi is connected to the drive i mentioned above.

oh ok well i dont have a front i/o drive as i have the xtrememusic. my card is still disabled because if i enable it it will automatically cause a BSoD.

Could you give me a list of your exact specs, chipset etc cos i remember reading somewhere about possible conflicts with nvidia chipsets. Then i can go and try and see if theres a solution.

One other thing i just thought of. Is your System bios up to date? might be a problem with recognising the card properly.

i just sent an email to creative for support.. hopefully they can help but anyways my system specs are:

DFI Lanparty UT sli-dr Expert/nvidia nforce 4 chipset. i am running the latest Bios
AMD X2 4400+
ocz 2gb ram pc4000
evga 7900gt co
western digital caviar 250gb
550W Ultra X2 psu
creative x-fi xtrememusic

Good luck ive had nothing but useless comments from them. They said that they had never heard of my problem where when i start windows i cant hear any sound until i disable and then enable the digital output etc. Its all rubbish this is a very common problem lol, so much so im using a C++ encoded tool written by a member of the public that fixes this because Creative havent been able to or havent wanted to address the crappy drivers. K rant over. Good luck ;)

i just did some research on the creative forums and found this thread... http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=26289&view=by_date_ascending&page=15

looks like its an nforce 4 / xfi problem. and many mobo manufacturers have released an updated bios fixing the problem but for my board the latest bios does not fix anything.

looks like this problem only affected the xfi xtrememusic and xfi platinum.. this problem seems to be over a year old.. and creative had new cards with firmware updates for those whose boards did not have a bios update.

Back
Top Bottom