What do you think......

Imanerdynerd PB'd for several offensive posts, a case of joined today, gone today, good riddance!

Those are good, but if you do get the 7600, get the 7600GT and get from another company that doesn't charge so much (like EVGA)

a 7800 is a good card, but only DX9. If you want to upgrade to a DX10 card in the future you should go cheaper now. A 7600 will run most new games pretty well.

Also, why AGP? Get PCI Express x16, it is better and your computer has one.

"Total Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16"

Brookfield said:
Is this intended for Iamanerdynerd?, because if it is, I've just PB'd him, explain please.
jenox, you made the original post 12 hours ago, I'm still waiting for an explanation!

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he went to work and is doing something with his life?

No no thats a ridiculous notion, he couldn't have a job or go to school, nobody should be there at 1:34 in the afternoon.

AlexF1224 said:
Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he went to work and is doing something with his life?

No no thats a ridiculous notion, he couldn't have a job or go to school, nobody should be there at 1:34 in the afternoon.
Yesssss... we are all nerds who NEVER leave our computars... NEVER EVAR!

AlexF1224 said:
Also, why AGP? Get PCI Express x16, it is better and your computer has one.

"Total Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16"

To tell you the truth, I didn't really notice. If I got that PC I had above. Which video card do you guys recommend? And also, if I buy a DX 9 card now, will I not be able to use DX 10? Again, thanks to everyone whos posted!

~Chaos

If you get a DX9 card now you can't use DX10 until you upgraded in the future. This isn't a huge problem, because most new games know the devastating price of a DX10 card and are compatible with DX9, and all games made before January are DX9.

I'd recommend the EVGA 7600GT. Its cheap at only ~90-100 dollars and EVGA is a trusted brand. Also, the 7600GT will be able to run most games are high settings (I run CS:Source at max settings). I don't know how much gaming you do, but it will do the trick for now.

In the future (maybe a year?), you might want to buy a DX10 card, and they will be much cheaper. I know some of the ATI DX10 cards will be originally listed at about 235 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom