New Forceware 100.64 (Beta) Released!

That's why NVIDIA is being threatened with a class-action lawsuit. They adverstise that the 8800's are "Vista Ready" and they're not.

What a shame...a lot of their stuff is going down the drain. The chipsets are decent...the 680i was okay, but the nForce 5 series sucked. Their ForceWare drivers aren't as competent as they used to be either. Probably ForceWare 66.93 was the best they ever had. Stable as a boulder and had more features and uses than a Swiss Army knife. :)

Are these just for the 8800's? i have vista on my usb drive and miffed as i cant use it for the things i want to! like games etc, my card sucks on it, was kinda hoping theyve got their fingers out and make a working SLI driver for the older cards.

ownage said:
but you see, nvidia drivers don't work on Vista x64 ;) None of them at WHQL certified...soooooo....DX10 doesn't work. Plus, the 8 series was advertised as "Vista Ready" which it clearly isn't. Now...think about this. ATi doesn't even have DX10 cards out, yet they already have working WHQL drivers that work (Cat 7.1). So now, why can't nVidia do that same?
wait....you are saying that aero doesnt work with the 8800's???? fuck that sucks

is it just the drivers, or the card itself?

if drivers don't work, you basically have a DX9 only card. But we will see how it performs.

tell that to my buddy at work running dual 8800gts's. they work quite well.

edit: was in response to ownage saying u can't sli them. not the above, sorry for confusion. :)

I wasnt happy when i found out my card didnt work under vista properly. Ok its not their newest one but it aint old! so the drivers should be around for it. Its a shame really cos ithink vista is actually very good, Microsoft for once seem to have done a half decent job lol shame some of the 3rd party manufacturers like Nvidia havent got around to making decent drivers. I expected it from Creative, the drivers for my x-fi suck for XP let along vista, bit thought Nvidia would have been at the top of the decent driver list.

Back
Top Bottom