Need help asap please, comp powers up, but doesn't start up.

Well even then if the HDD isn't connected the BIOS will still post. It just won't recognize the HDD. So somewhere between the BIOS and the reading the data (CPU) lies the problem...

It might be because of an extra power connector you need to plug into the motherboard. I made that mistake, and I had the same result.

Look on the motherboard for a 12v connector, and find on the power supply a lead to plug into it. Its like a block type connector.

It helps power up the PC.

The reason you may have 2, is for high powered motherboards that may need 2 12V connectors. Try plugging the CPU1 one into the 12V supply on the motherboard if it has one.

hrm, well ok, i found whre the Cmos pins are their are 3 pins

||| and two are covers so __| should i move it over so its like this |__ ?

This really sucks.... SO its not the PSU since everything is getting power?

Kage said:
It might be because of an extra power connector you need to plug into the motherboard. I made that mistake, and I had the same result.

Look on the motherboard for a 12v connector, and find on the power supply a lead to plug into it. Its like a block type connector.

It helps power up the PC.

The reason you may have 2, is for high powered motherboards that may need 2 12V connectors. Try plugging the CPU1 one into the 12V supply on the motherboard if it has one.

I've had that same problem before too. I thought my PSU was fried or my CPU was fried, but it turned out to be the 4pin 12V connector. nice thinking on that one. :)

hrm, well ok, i found whre the Cmos pins are their are 3 pins

||| and two are covers so __| should i move it over so its like this |__ ?

This really sucks.... SO its not the PSU since everything is getting power?

Well the PSU is clearly working, so that's not the problem. And yes, move the CMOS pin to the |__ position.

No, not yet.

Try plugging the CPU1 12v connector from the PSU, into the motherboard. It definitely seems like it needs one.

clandestinex337 said:
so take the computer aprt from scratch and start over hooking everything together?

I wouldn't suggest that, i would just look at all your cables, check everything to see if it's connected properly, make sure your jumpers and what not are correct, reset the CMOS if you already haven't. If there's still a problem, I'd recommend taking it to a PC repair shop and having them check it out.

Back
Top Bottom