New computer

That reminds me: I have three Slot 1s and I'm going to slap in, three Celeron 1000MHZ in them.

on another note.....

That PC would be pretty nice for playing Q3, UT99, CS 1.6, Doom1/2 source ports, and starcraft. That would be pretty good at the lan parties I end up at. Everybody has crappy computers, so we end up playing old games... sadly all they care for in the FPS or RTS ranges are AVP2 or Warcraft3... uhg... I hate those two games.. they are so freakin' stupid.

Brookfield said:
What is "folding at home" I've seen the term, but..........
Its a way of helping good causes like cancer research etc. You basically connect your computer to their servers, and do some of the work for them with your computer. Basically it saves a research company from spending loads on a super computer to do their calculations, because your chipping in with the workload. Look here
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=9549

Yeah, folding at home uses your CPU to crunch some numbers so that they don't have to spend big bucks on it. Pretty cool stuff.

quick question about folding , does it matter how much ram i had , for example i have an old p3 box here with a 800 or 900 proc but it only has 64mb ram , would it still be good to fold even if it has that much ram or would it fold better with more ram

Nice :D

I have 4 PC's. One's this one, my main 3.5GHZ rig effective, and then I have 3 more PC's...

1 is a 1.2GHZ AMD Athlon Thunderbird with 256mb's memory, which is an old PC of ours, which has given up ghost recently :(

I then have a 233MHZ Pentium 2, which again has given up ghost I got given for free,

and recently, I got another free PC, a 233MHZ Pentium 2 again I believe, but, er... Windows 95, 16Mb's RAM... I think I'll give up on it. I won't run what I need it to effectively, and don't want to go buying old slow RAM, etc.

Back
Top Bottom