geforce

armlesscorps

Solid State Member
Hi
Does anyone know the standard psu needed for most geforce fx 5200 cards? I need this information to know if they will run but I cant find it even on the manufactureres site, I currently have a 250w PSU, will that be able to run an fx5200 AGP 128mb card? I'm really desperate here:)

thanks in advance

To my point of view, I was able to power on that card on a PII system with 235W. I think it will be alright, but I suggest you post the specs of your PC. If you have some big stuff in there, then you;d consider to get a 350W.

Minimum System Requirements

Intel Pentium III, AMD Duron or Athlon class processor or higher

128MB system RAM

A 250W system power supply

A motherboard with an AGP 2.0 slot

50 MB of hard disk space for ForceWare driver installation

CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

Windows 98 or higher, ME, 2000, XP, or Windows? NT4.0. (Service Pack 5 or 6)

VGA compatible monitor

VGA or DVI-I compatible monitor

hope this helps

thanks for the quick reply, iv got a 250 w psu, a p4 2.4 ghz ,1gb ram,a geforce mx440 currently in and an agp4x slot on the trigem mobo.I'v looked at lots of cards and they all say 300w psu needed but i have seen fx 5200 cards and they are quite weak in terms of power so i thought they would run on 250 w psu, if you had one running on 235 that is reasurring, but a p3 takes up a lot less power than a p4 rite? There must be the information out there to say which power supply you need but seen as its not on the companies own site maybe you can run it on any supply?

Thanks for that previous post i didnt read it when i posted my last post. That almost sorts it out, i take it all monitors are vga or dvi compatible? My monitor was made in the last 5 years. Does anyone know how far i can go in terms of graphics cards with a 250 w psu? I know the geforce 6 range is offlimits because you need 350w psu and same with 9600 radeons, is an fx5200 as far as i can go without replacing the psu? Id kind of like a 5700 or 5900 what psu's do they require?

thanks all for the help

Back
Top Bottom