can this be done

if your not using wireless, the only issue that i can think of would be running wires. If you do switch over to wireless, keep one computer hard-wired to the router so if any updates need to be done to the router, your connection won't drop and eff up your router.

if you are debating on the fact of weather or not your going to do wireles, it might be best to get a wireless router strait-up. 99% of them have built in switches for hard-wire networks, and can have the wireless turned off if you are not using it. This way you won't have to spend additional money down the road to upgrade to a wireless router.

as a personal preferance, get a hawking router if you can find one. I have never had problems with thier products. The only down side is not many places sell them. Only now are sites like newegg getting into them.

ilovepcs25 said:
ok cheers so as far as you know its possible to use 2 seperate aol accounts via broadband at the same time using the router?

Matt
Yeah, ive just tested it for ya :)

ASSEMBLER said:
Aol are very good but i use firefox instead of the AOL interface
i think they mean as a ISP, not as a browser.

celegorm said:
keep one computer hard-wired to the router so if any updates need to be done to the router, your connection won't drop and eff up your router.

I wonder why they dont have it so the router can just update itself? :confused:

Taylor said:
I wonder why they dont have it so the router can just update itself? :confused:
Probably because firmware isnt a software update, its an update to hardware, so if the update kicked in at the wrong time (eg during a lightning storm) and ya house got hit by it and tripped ya power, it would be useless, its not like software in ya OS where ya can use a restore point or rollback a driver.

thanks for your help everyone its really appreciated i'll let you know what i decide to do and let you know when its all setup and running or not lol

Matt

Back
Top Bottom