Need help choosing the right RAM

osokk

In Runtime
Hello all I just need some help figuring out what RAM I need for my PC :confused: . My pc can hold up to 2g right now I have 1024mb DDR RAM both are 512 PC2100. Now I opened up my pc and looked at the slots and thought I could just buy 2 more of the exact ones, but I cant the slots are different. My question is how do I figure out what type of RAM fits in those other 2 slots? I tried using some tools to find my RAM but it wont say what the other 2 slots are. I was thinking maybe I need 2 SDRAM for the other 2 but not sure. So if you can help me that would be great. If you need any other info about my pc Ill try to post it.

How are the two slots different? are they just two different colors? or are the notches in the RAM slot different?

Whats ya mobo model? Some pcs only come with 2 slots for RAM, are ya sure they arent expansion slots your looking at?

I have an ECS M930 mobo version 1.0. The notches are different in the other 2 slots. The 2 slots are red the other are black.

osok24 said:
Hello all I just need some help figuring out what RAM I need for my PC :confused: . My pc can hold up to 2g right now I have 1024mb DDR RAM both are 512 PC2100. Now I opened up my pc and looked at the slots and thought I could just buy 2 more of the exact ones, but I cant the slots are different. My question is how do I figure out what type of RAM fits in those other 2 slots? I tried using some tools to find my RAM but it wont say what the other 2 slots are. I was thinking maybe I need 2 SDRAM for the other 2 but not sure. So if you can help me that would be great. If you need any other info about my pc Ill try to post it.

Does your motherboard use DDR and DDR2? if so that's probably why. If that si the case you can only use just DDR or DDR2, but not a combination of the two.

the notches for the DDR RAM that i have already installed are different then the other 2 RAM slots. Im not sure what type of RAM i need to buy to fit those notches.

Jenox said:
Does your motherboard use DDR and DDR2? if so that's probably why. If that si the case you can only use just DDR or DDR2, but not a combination of the two.

my mobo uses DDR but i cant use DDR on the other 2 slots. can someone plz help me out?

do the other two look like the normal DDR just with the notch a little more to the center, or does it have two notches?

sounds like the others are pc133. that or pc100, but seeing as how its being paired up with DDR, i'm willing to bet is 133.

Back
Top Bottom