Finally some nicer shots of my new 07 Lexus IS250

I think the reason why I spend that much is mainly for the luxury. I've never own a luxury class vehicle before and since I don't want to go way overboard by financing a $40,000+ car, the IS250 was the best I can do. I just want to see how it performs and the comfort involved. It's a quick little car and does take time to get use to because I'm coming from little 4cyl compact cars.

Yes, it is an automatic. The gear shift is all wierd with it's zig zag pattern design. NOT use to it.....I keep getting the "N" confused for "D", lol. I would rev to drive forward and then notice that it doesn't move being in Neutral and all. Since I've been so use to driving automatics, I forget to upshift at times--but luckily for me the transmission downshifts by itself. There's like a dummy tone that chimes when you over rev the engine or not shifting right. But it's still a lot of fun to drive.

As for the house, I don't own it. I have a bunch of roommates and we're all contributing to paying the mortgage. There would no way I could afford a $3,000 house payment and the car payment at the same time.

As for modding it, not yet. I'm just breaking it in right now. Haven't really gone over 4,000 RPM that much yet. I believe only a few times for the sport shift. That was fun. If I do, there may be an exhaust upgrade--but that's about all I feel that is necessary. The performance is fine and I'm loving it. Even for a 204HP motor, it has pretty nice acceleration. Very gutsy.

I get free car rental anytime when my car is in maintenance, free hotel when I'm 100 miles away from home (while the car is in maintenance or have problems), mobile service where they come to your home for oil changes-programming-or roadside assistance. Nice customer package, but perhaps that's why everyone pays a premium for these cars, hmmmm.

For that Scion, he just got the pedestal spoiler put on. OMG, it is freaking sweet looking. So sporty. It's a fast little car too and he's always driving it around in low gears, gradually shifting up to "D". He was revving that thing to death.

Visibility wise, I have to say the Corolla was better in this department. I can see out fine in the IS, but backing up needs care since it sits so high in the rear. The guages and instrument cluster is neat to look at. I love the information display. The moonroof can tilt and slide back and forth. It has a 6-disc CD changer that I didn't even know about, lol. Speakers sound great and I love the LED's it comes with. They're all over the car, wherever it needs to be lit up.

The trunk space is small compared to the Corolla. I swear the Corolla was bigger. Rear seats are very, very cramped. My friends complain about it. Front is spacious, lol--hehe so I don't mind :).

I'm going to have to get it washed again for sure. As for waxing, I might do that on the next wash. I don't know if it's going to rain again. This one caught us by surprise. I hate it and love it at the same time. Sometimes I'm too lazy to wash it myself or I have to many things to do. I'll take it to the car wash, but I don't think those people there ever dealt with my type of car before :p. I mean to start the car, you don't just push the button.

You need to have the transmitter first in there, depress the brake pedal, then push the button. You don't hold down the button too, just push in the let go immediately. I'll have to give them all a crash course on Lexus 101.

Ohhh sport shift sounds awesome. Yeah rain sucks these days man I got my car all dirty now haha. He got the ped. spoiler nice it gives the tC an agressive look. I would like to check your whip but your a little to far I am in the SD county hehe.
If he would wanted speed he would have got this one :p
P2100023.jpg

P2100020.jpg

thats awesome the sport shift is awesome too! I wish I had a car like that :( you make me jealous lol! :D

That model looks like the new IS-F coming out next year by Lexus. It's the V8 version of the IS series, drool. I'm getting my first wash tomorrow being the weekend and all. I'm not taking it to the car wash because the car is too complicated for them to go over. Just putting it in Neutral without starting the engine is different than conventional cars, lol.

I tried the sport shift only a couple of times. I'm still burning it in and got like 200 miles to go before I will rev it pass 4,000 RPM. I can't wait. It's very responsive already in regular Drive mode. Dual VVT-i, man.

Back
Top Bottom