Annoying Cpu Problem

LucKy13

Solid State Member
Well, this past month or 2 have been hell for me and my pc games. As a player of CSS, Gw, WoW, and D2 Lag is my worst enemy. So I thought that reformatting my harddrive would fix it.. i thought wrong. D2 the oldest and favorite of my games which i run at 150-300fps when im not lagging has been beating me down with 10-20fps..

I dont know why but whenever i play games anymore my cpu usage has been being taking up by my games, when it lags its about taking up 60-70% of it. Which this drops my fps like a bomb. It doesnt lag all the time only about 15 seconds after i join a game, it does let the lag go sometimes though, but only for a small amount of time.

My pc is fairly new and running a Pent D 3.2ghz Proc and Nvidia Geforce 6800Gs

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i have no idea what to do anymore..

i believe that is the problem :) any idea what i should do? Nobody on the link found a solution.

Hmm.. Maby try and get a refund?

Nevermind I fixed it. For some reason Direct X 9c has a problem with my video card, i downgraded to Dx 8.1 and its better, thnx :)

yes the only 1 that it doesnt seem to be working with to well is guild wars, just a tad bit choppy still playable

ok nevermind.. it is not fixed, it just took the lag longer to set in the first time for some reason.. still gettin problems, any suggestions would b appreciated ^___^

Yep, if you give us a budget, we can help pick out a card for you. The 7600GT is an excellent card for just over $100 USD. Your performance would dramatically increase.

Back
Top Bottom