Flavours of VISTA

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
I have 3 computers...
2 are x86 based cpus
and one is x64

... if i was to buy windows vista x64 ultimate..

will the cd key work on x86 ultimate also ?

becuase right now I have copys of windows vista ultimate x86 and x64, but no key....
if I were to buy the x64 key, would it work for the 32 bit edition too???

what does it matter, you can only have it on one computer. on top of that i doubt it, microsoft considers them different and will likely have different keys registered for each.

it might, but if microsoft detects three comptuers running off of the same key, your SOL.

question tho. How did you get vista with no key? Was it from a torrent? (please not i'm not asking for a link to any torrent or download. Its jsut curious how a legal copy would not come with a key)

if you want to keep all of them working, yes. I have seen cases of MS finding a key on more than on computer at once, and shutting it down.

and to keep things safe, get x86 keys for the two x86 computers.

thats rediculous, I had my current XP key running on 3-4 computers at one time, but now, by buying laptops and such , you get keys and waht not. So at the moment my XP key is running on 2 computers.

If M$ was smart they would let 1 key run on 3 computers like OFFICE 2007 dose. none of this bull sh*t

And they wonder why ppl pirate they're stuff

because they MAKE IT WAY TO COMPLICATED AND expensive.

they do it to keep people from making illegal copies. there are keys that allow it to be on three computers, but you do have to pay extra for that.

Personally i find it hard to belive you had your xp key on 3 comptuers at once with out any problems.

Seeing teh cost of just licenses on newegg, your better off just getting three lagit copies of Ulitmate OEM.

the trick with xp is when you activated and it says, you have activated to many times blah blah blah... you call the custumer service and get them to renew it... i did that a couple dozen timesl ol

celegorm said:
question tho. How did you get vista with no key? Was it from a torrent? (please not i'm not asking for a link to any torrent or download. Its jsut curious how a legal copy would not come with a key)

it's not illegal to have the disk without a key, microsoft actually gives you a 30 day trial that is fully functional, it just loses functionality after 30 days.

And yes, to be lawful you must buy a key for each computer. You had to do this with xp, and 2000, and 98. And part of the reason their software is so expensive is because so many people pirate it. if you want vista, buy it, if you don't, keep running xp.

Back
Top Bottom