What should I say?

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
Ok so as you may or may not know I go to boarding school... I enjoy this school but the tech admin does some stuff like block FTP... this creates a problem for me, because I enjoy creating webpages, and sometimes people at home pay me to make htem webpages... he told me at the begginning of the year that if I provided a good enough reason he would consider unblocking it for me...

so... i need you to help me come up with reasons as to why i should be allowed to have FTP capabilities.. Also if you can, can you please tell me some of the exploits and reasons that is the reason why he has it blocked, so I can explain to him that I have no interest in that...

Thanks!

Just go up to him, bring your laptop with you and show him the things you have created, and prove hands-on why you should have FTP acess. I'm sure he will consider it seriously.

^Mike^ said:
Just go up to him, bring your laptop with you and show him the things you have created, and prove hands-on why you should have FTP acess. I'm sure he will consider it seriously.

Yeah thats a good idea, show him the web pages you've created and I'm sure he will allow it.

There are not that many exploits in FTP, he is probably thinking as I've always thought, lock down access and then open it up as and when needed rather than going through thinking of things to block because you will miss something.

-Paul- said:
Ok so as you may or may not know I go to boarding school... I enjoy this school but the tech admin does some stuff like block FTP... this creates a problem for me, because I enjoy creating webpages, and sometimes people at home pay me to make htem webpages... he told me at the begginning of the year that if I provided a good enough reason he would consider unblocking it for me...

so... i need you to help me come up with reasons as to why i should be allowed to have FTP capabilities.. Also if you can, can you please tell me some of the exploits and reasons that is the reason why he has it blocked, so I can explain to him that I have no interest in that...

Thanks!

Alot of virus's like to download themselves via FTP

Back
Top Bottom