what's the dumbest thing...

medabomb2000 said:
The dumbest thing that I probably have ever done was try to turn on a friends computer for an hour and playing around with the interior to make sure everything was connected properly. And the problem was that the power cord was not plugged into the wall... Man did I feel like a idiot.

I had a similar situation.
well I had just come home from a lan party (that = no sleep for 24h+) and was trying to put my computer on, and well couldn't get the monitor working. Almost quit and went to bed, but then I took a final look behind the computer and noticed that I had plugged my monitor into my integrated vid card instead of the agp one. :D

mammikoura said:
I had a similar situation.
well I had just come home from a lan party (that = no sleep for 24h+) and was trying to put my computer on, and well couldn't get the monitor working. Almost quit and went to bed, but then I took a final look behind the computer and noticed that I had plugged my monitor into my integrated vid card instead of the agp one. :D

I know that one all too well :eek:

Fisher said:
how did you do that!?

good question, I was once formatting a floppy disc for a BIOS update and accidentally right clicked on the C drive instead of A, Windows didn't let the format start thankfully...

I forget the message, but it basically said "you're using/on the C drive dumbass"...

:D

The stupidest thign i've ever done was plug a case sound thing into some jumpers on the mother board (that i thought was sound) Turned out it wasn't (can't remember off had) and blew the board. Thankfully i was doing teh build at work, and could simply grab a new one off the shelf and send that to our RMA department.

The stupidest thing i've seen done was stick DDR2 in the slot backwards, and one the same board stick a 775 processor on backwards. Not sure how the guy managed either of them....

Back
Top Bottom