New computer

lhuser said:
You're gonna laugh, because that board isn't OCable ;)
such a shame , i have a 1,1ghz duron thunderbird and i managed to oc mine to 1.5ghz without probs , looking for a good cooler for it then i may try higher

also i had a 1.4ghz celeron and this dueon kicked the celeron even at 1.1ghz ,

my duron is actuialy similar spec to that except mine has 640mb ram and i have put a 32mb gpu in mine

Actually, it's intended for LAN parties, but also, I could use it for a proper Linux machine. All I need is a PCI VGA, a 9250 like (Doesn't need to be high end) and I should be set. a PCI audio card is also on target. My favorite second hand computer shop is there :D 5 bucks for a PCI VGA card that is 16MB+ and a sound card for the same price. They have DVI AGP card for 5 bucks!

The only drawback is that the CPU is soldered in, and that sucks, but I won't die.

Lan parties?? lol, what are you guys going to be playing? StarCraft??

lol, have fun w. it though, free is awesome.

That thing, with a PCI card, could run UT2004.
joxley1990 said:
Can you overclock it?
Nope. It's locked. BIOS flashes are impossible to find. PC Chips is an ass with my board. That's the second onboard CPU I have and that's the second board they don't have in archives.

joxley1990 said:
folding box..

hmm.... that actually gives me a good idea for a weekend project, I might turn my old PII dell optiplex into a folding box. Sure it won't be fast but it'll put the computer to good use :)

Back
Top Bottom