what's the dumbest thing...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
you've ever done while repairing/upgrading your pc...? the other day I set the jumpers to reset the bios and never took them off, I was all :confused: and wondered why it wouldn't boot/power up...

also, being the novice that I am, I had an asus P4B mobo with a 1.5 ghz processor in my closet for years, while I was running a 550 mhz slot processor on an asus P2-99B...

to top it off, I also was using a 2mb trident PCI video card, while a (visiontek) NVIDIA 32mb AGP video card was also in my closet (both mobos have AGP slots)...

:mad:

The dumbest thing that I probably have ever done was try to turn on a friends computer for an hour and playing around with the interior to make sure everything was connected properly. And the problem was that the power cord was not plugged into the wall... Man did I feel like a idiot.

ohh i forgot to plug my cpu fan back into my mobo once then wondered why the comp kept powering down every 15-25 minutes

also i bought a whole new psu one time when i thought my psu had busted , then it turned out it was just the fuse in the plug

I cant remember anything really bad that ive done. I did sort my mates pc out a while back. He was having problems with no sound, and he tried everything like reinstalling drivers etc and couldnt get it to work. So i went to his house and had a look. He had plugged the speakers into the mic jack :)

Bending 3 pins on my mobo, 2 on the DVD drive and 1 on the IDE slot. I didn't bend the IDE pin back yet, and this was like, 2 months ago, and the mobo is sitting on my head board in front of my bed lol.

istonian said:
When I first started I tried to plu a PCI video card into a AGP slot.

the reason that the NVIDIA AGP video card was in my closet so long was that I couldn't get it to work in the PCI slot, believe me, I tried to MAKE it work though...

thus the 2mb trident was my only option...

what can I say, I was (and still am) a cheap bastard...

I seen a kid plug a floppy power connector in upside down and turned the machine on. Sparks flew, melted the wires. Blew the PSU and Floppy. :rolleyes:

He was/still is a tech too LOL

he works for charter now,

LambOfGod said:
I seen a kid plug a floppy power connector in upside down and turned the machine on. Sparks flew, melted the wires. Blew the PSU and Floppy. :rolleyes:

He was/still is a tech too LOL

he works for charter now,

lol live and learn i guess

Back
Top Bottom