Car Thread!

I don't think I've heard Flowmaster, but after I got my Borla system, I swear by it. I hope Lexus didn't run your pipes over the axle like Ford did with mine, I had to cut the stock pipe so it's pretty much on there permanently now, unless I want to go buy another stock system and drop the rear suspension. Hopefully if you end up changing anything you can go back to stock.

TRDCorolla said:
Have you ever tried Flowmaster? I hear they're pretty good too. They got these really small mufflers, but man they sound good.

yeah ive heard of flowmaster, my buddys got one on his 91 Camaro, it sounds good too!

D-Lew, I checked on that and the pipes run under the axles. I'll post picts since I got a nice ass shot of that. I took the day picts already but I will have to manually readjust all the images, get them uploaded on imageshack, and post them here. It will take forever. It's early morning now and I've got classes to go to so I'll post later on. Yeah, daytime shots make a huge difference.

Please excuse the dirt on it. The rain ruined it and it's expected to rain again later on tonight.

The Flowmasters on american cars rock because I think they were originally designed for them, but imports have been putting them on lately. The 40 series Flowmaster I believe are for smaller car.

So I just rocked Mazda, I unlocked my Fuel Computer so i can now monitor my MPG, Miles till empty, average speed, and that kinda stuff...PS it was an option from the factory and I rocked it for free...

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05257.jpg

DSC05256.jpg

DSC05255.jpg

and Over the weekend I broke the 5K mark:
DSC05246.jpg

Yeah, then you could do an exhaust without being put in that situation indefinitely. I checked and the only Borla system for the Lexus is for the 350. So you'll have to either look elsewhere or get a custom system welded if you want one. I really want to get a sound clip of my exhaust...

Hmmm, I wonder if that Borla will work for the 250 as well. I think the only difference between these two IS models are just the engine size. One is a 3.5 and the other is a 2.5. I'm thinking that's why they call it an IS350 (3.5L) and the IS250 (2.5L). Chassis wise and everything should be exactly the same, except for some luxury feature differences.

Well, that's a good question for a Lexus forum. I know the SVT Focus Borla system can be easily modified to fit a regular Focus, but it may not be the same with the Lexus since those cars actually involve different engines. FYI, if you don't know already, you will most likely have to SHELL OUT BIG TIME for a Borla system. I got mine for a steal at $350 shipped, but I've seen them retailing for $550 and sometimes higher. And that's single exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom