Car Thread!

Yeah, now I remember. There was the option of the lip spoiler and the pedestal spoiler. Defintely the big one.

He's got his windows all tinted finally. Limo in the back and like 75% on the back and side I think. It's a got a dark theme to it. I told him to get some smoked taillights but he doesn't know yet.

I don't think there's really anything I can mod on my car, lol. It's got a low profile look already, well, it probably could use just a half inch drop maybe but the 18's are huge. I like a spoiler too, but Lexus has one that cost nearly $400!!!! It's the small one. I could tint the windows too. Then it would look just like his tC. He's always bugging me how I'm trying to copy him (joking around). So I'm just going to leave it. The trunk and passenger rear for the IS are very cramped. Not recommended for a family car even though it's 4 doors.

It's mainly looks. Plus, you can put things in the back seat without moving the front seat because of the 4-doors :p. I suppose you can squeeze people back there, but you have to be skinny with very little leg room and not fat. I can't imagine an overwieght person driving an IS series. It wasn't meant to fit them, honestly.

I thought about exhaust too. The G35's got their own tone, but the stupid IS are way too quiet. Maybe just by adding a glass pack and replacing the resonator would create that deep growl like the G35 has, even with stock mufflers.

Damn!!! I just found out that I have a 6-disc CD changer!!!!! Cool...

LoL yeah love the low growl that the G35's the 350Z has the same sound to I wonder why...... :p

I don't want a crackling sound. A harmonic tone is nice which usually comes from aftermarket mufflers or resonators. It's way too quiet. I think it has like sound dampeners or something because I can barely hear anything from the outside. Maybe it's because I'm so use to the TRD exhaust I had before. Man, I was just reading the manual. The trunk has all these cargo straps and hooks. Turns out that I've been closing the trunk the wrong way this whole time, lol. The stupid front hood are raised by hydraulics, no stick for the hood. Closing it is a pain because the hydraulic pump doesn't want to slam it shut. Have to time it right and force it down quick. Such hard work.

Then the whole engine compartment is like covered in plastic panels. Can't see a thing. Ridiculous if you ask me. I like looking at the sexy engine. The battery's located in the back of the engine next to the firewall by the passenger side. That's all I could tell you when it comes to the engine :p because that's all I can see.

I do notice that a lot of Scion feature are carried over into the IS series or perhaps it's the other way around. The shape of the doors, placement of things, materials used, etc. It's funny that way. THen again, it's all Toyota. Turns out that I have to run 91 octane or higher. Motor oil, I'm surprised I can use standard 5W-30 and not synthetic.

Back
Top Bottom