XP media Centre

Juza

Beta member
Hi, If i was to buy a computer with XP windows Media Centre, Does it come with a remote? Or do i need to buy a TV tuner card??

Thanks for you help!

Umm...I know Windows offers MCE compatible remotes, and I think there is an option to purchase it with Windows MCE...If you are buying a brand PC (like Acer or Dell etc) then you best enquire with them about it....If it doesn't you can always buy a remote control seperately...you can get them without having a tuner card..

Matt

most will come without one unless you make a deal to have one or buy some sort of entertainment pc. just buy a tv tuner card seperately and that should come with a control

borat_sagdiyev said:
what about the receiver for the remote? where would it go?
The one i had connected to USB, and it stuck to side of the case. You can get internal ones aswell

Most remotes come with TV tuner cards. If you want to watch TV on your computer, then yes, get a TV tuner. Or if you have a good network, you could always go Slingbox. :)

How does Windoes Media Centre, rate up? Would I be better getting XP Professional or Media Centre? [I'm 14 & Like my Music, But I use different Programs to DJ with]

It's great if you're using your computer as a Home Theatre PC (HTPC) and you're going to be using it on a TV. Then you can just go into the Media Center and use the remote to access the interface and your media. So if you're not really going to use it that way, I would just get XP Professional. Since you're using DJ programs (I'm assuming), it'll work on both Pro and MCE, but no use in getting MCE 2005 if you're not gonna use the Media Center.

Back
Top Bottom