Socket 478 Pentium 4 bent pin, fixable?

superman22x said:
And the pc is a dell so we cant OC it at all.

That doesn't mean anything...

Dell is who manufacturers the pre-built product. Dell has nothing to do with RAM, Motherboard, or anything, just just put it all together and sell it. Just because it's a Dell doesn't mean you can't OC. Plenty of people have OCed a Dell... :rolleyes:

You know something? It could work still, but chances are low. It might work in some ways until you get that other CPU.

superman22x said:
He doesnt want to risk it. How do you flash the bios?

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website, they should have some download section for how to flash the BIOS as well as the BIOS that you'll need. There should be some comprehensive Flashing guides on Google or something. get the google dude to help search, he should turn somethign up for you. But once you get it flashed you should be able to OC it. :)

The Bios flash could work, but at teh same time it might not. Big name manufactuers like Dell, Gateway and anyone else you can think of, tend to order modifications of current boards. (Prime example is my friends dell has a Intel D865 board that was made by intel. its supposed to have an AGP slot, but dell put them out without an AGP.)

Depending on what was moddified on the board, a BIOS flash might do some damage (IE the missing AGP slot in my friends case. the new bios had agp settings that kept erroring at post since he had no AGP SLot), so just be carefull.

celegorm said:
The Bios flash could work, but at teh same time it might not. Big name manufactuers like Dell, Gateway and anyone else you can think of, tend to order modifications of current boards. (Prime example is my friends dell has a Intel D865 board that was made by intel. its supposed to have an AGP slot, but dell put them out without an AGP.)

Depending on what was moddified on the board, a BIOS flash might do some damage (IE the missing AGP slot in my friends case. the new bios had agp settings that kept erroring at post since he had no AGP SLot), so just be carefull.

True, but if he wants to OC then it's a risk, plus, I believe he could Flash it back to his original version. Most sites provide utilities to backup your current version of your BIOS and then the next version that you flash to. So if the shit hits the fan he can always restore it back to it's default BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom