New gFX

serani

In Runtime
So I picked up a new eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GS today, to replace my incredibly outdated Radeon 9200 (needed a higher level of pixel shading for some MMO's)

and this is a game specific question about the cards performance in Frames Per Second;

the very popular Counter-Strike 1.6 , with my 9200 running I can get an almost solid 99. frames and with this new card, the 7600 GS, I cap out at 60.00 fps,

any suggestions or tips?

Thanks greatly ^ ^

I have, played around with them on the card and ingame settings as well.

Still capping at 60.00 fps

No luck with that, I had forgotten to add:

I've seen the problem of CS1.6 not exceeding 60 fps at times before, not on my computer but others, the problem always pointed to their LCD monitors not being able to exceed 60fps ;

but if I'm able to reach 99 fps with the same LCD using the 9200..you'd think the 7600 GS would be able to further that?

Well...enough trying tonight, maybe tomorrow?

Again, if anyone has any advice, please do not hesitate, thanks.

Go to your card properties (right click desktop>properties>settings>advanced>gefroce 7600 gs). Then click on performance and quality settings and turn off vertical sync. It should be in a little frame or box (I'm working off my 7600 GT, should be similar). I'm almost positive that is the problem, however, when in cs go to the console and type "fps_max 120"
That will make sure your fps isn't capped by the game. FURTHERMORE: If you want to increase your fps try typing "developer 1" into the console(doesn't always help).

Back
Top Bottom