New build $750 max

64 bit windows XP seems fairly nice. I've been using it lately. No compatibility probs with 32-bit programs so far.

AlexF1224 said:
Here is something interesting you might want to check out, its at a really good deal right now: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=04&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=bdcwbbz&s=bsd

its not bad, but it can be improved. It defaults with home basic, which is very true to its name, BASIC. an upgrade to atleast home premium is worth it.

also its running off of an AMD, while for a little more, you can get a Core 2 that will out-preform it.

pluse from personal experiance, these cheap dells tend to fail relitivly quickly.

ArrizX said:

Change the P5B-VM to a regular P5B. The P5B is better, and if it fits your budget, get the P5B-E.

superman22x said:
Ok we want to build a new computer for under $750, we need an lcd monitor 17" is fine and we need vista home premium. The OEM version is fine.
We would like a core 2 duo, and decent graphics.

Good luck. Vista alone is about $200, then decent graphics is about $150, and then the monitor sucks up another $200. So that's $200 to spend on a C2D and Motherboard, cheapest C2D is about $170, so once again, good luck on splitting $30 between a motheeboard, RAM, CD/DVD drive, Hard Drive, case, PSU, etc.

If you want good graphics and a C2D, increase the budget to $1000+

No, I know it ownt cost mreo than that. I just built one for less that is fine, and there is one on teh page before that is fine as well.

superman22x said:
No, I know it ownt cost mreo than that. I just built one for less that is fine, and there is one on teh page before that is fine as well.

Didn't see a Hard Drive in that build. I'd recommend a Western Digital 160GB SATA II drive. Somethign around 65 - $70 or so. Excellent hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom