Raptor HDD ???

ty all for ur help, so if i would to get a raptor hdd and put my os on it, insted of my raid 0 how big will the performance decrease....?

i mean i have all my files backexd up on my exturnal 500g exturnal hdd so if one of my raids fails i can easy put evrything back...so do u think its worth getting a raptor..? coz like i sad i have a back up + the speed is better.

Zer0Cool said:
ty all for ur help, so if i would to get a raptor hdd and put my os on it, insted of my raid 0 how big will the performance decrease....?

i mean i have all my files backexd up on my exturnal 500g exturnal hdd so if one of my raids fails i can easy put evrything back...so do u think its worth getting a raptor..? coz like i sad i have a back up + the speed is better.
Most likely you won't even notice the drop in performance, and if you do it's going to be so little that it won't be worth mentioning.

From Reviews and Benchmarks i have seen,

Of all the Raptors the 74GiG Revision II raptor is the fastest.

16MB cache, NCQ, Sata150.

Zer0Cool said:

man since you have everything already backed up,

i would say it isnt worth it. As you saw in my post. They did test with 2 7200 Drives in RAID 0 and it beat out a Single Raptor...

so as much as i like the drives,, save the $150 and put it towards somthing else.

Back
Top Bottom