weird USB internal card reader issue

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
Hi, well its weird to me and confusing....

Basically i bought an internal memory card reader which has 3 usbs on the front too. i installed the reader and now when i use windows ill be playing games etc and i'll hear the USB connect and disconnect sound u get in windows when plugging or unplugging something into the pc... Im confused, no idea why its doing this, im assuming its the memory card reader as its only just started happening. Ive checked all the cables etc and to my knowledge the card reader is installed correctly.

Its installed via the internal usb connections on the mobo, and ive correctly placed the VCC and the ground cables, however on the mobo it says pin 3 is supposed to be USB0- and 5 is USB0+ however on the reader they are called D+ and D- im guessing these r the same? One final thing lol, is what reallly confuses me. When i put the reader in, a high pitched noise came from my keyboard, yes keyboard! and the cathode tubes inside my pc all half lit up and the fans turned, eventually i found by unplugging the power supply to one of my USB hubs, this problem went away, but its only started to happen since i installed the reader... the reader works fine btw, crashed when i first usesd it lol but fine now, so im pretty sure its installed right.

sorry for the long waffle, but ive described it as best i can any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would definately say its a connection problem of some sort, but its hard to solve without knowing the reader model and mobo model

Yeah course, sorry. My mobo is MSI K8N Platinum Neo 4 MS-7125 latest bios etc. As for the card reader its a cheapy hong kong job from ebay ;) no brand, basically looks well built tho.

I could be wrong but i would take a guess at the cheapy item from ebay :) I mean, all your problems have started since installing this. Just to double check, you could try installing it in another pc and see what happens

hey this item is like the rolls royce of pc'ing ;) ur right, i spose i cud email the ebay seller too and scream at him. but doubt thatd help. Thanks for the reply, i just wanted to double check i hadnt done anything daft ( apart from buying it in the first place ).

and im very weary about installing it in another pc, i once fried my mobo by doign the internal USB's wrong way round as the manual didnt say... so i think ill leave it lol, ill wait and see if anyone else has had a similar problem. Hope it isnt damagind my mobo, everything seems to be ok with my pc though, windows does take a lil longer to load but apart from that ok.

It wouldnt harm to get in touch with the seller, if anyone is going to know how to set it up it will be him

Back
Top Bottom