Anyone Here Play Airsoft?

yeah of course it's not allowed in the streets because it could hurt people not involved in the game. I guess it would be a fun sport, but I choose to waste my money on paintball, computers and food.

I never knew that it was against the law in England, in America it is against the law to have one where the end of the barrel isn't painted orange, for the exact reason that you said because it could be real. And I think that some kids have been shot because they waved a fake looking gun at some police officers, but that isn't the police officers fault...

Brookfield said:
Simple, it's against the law over here, they had to be protected from each other, is America the only country that allows this??, the other day a teenager pulled a replica AK47 from under his coat, & was waving it about, pointing it at a group of people, it was picked up by a CCTV camera, within minutes, a squad car arrived & he was arrested & released later with a caution, I believe that there is a new law banning all replica weapons, there are cases where police have shot people carrying these openly on the streets, they are instructed to shoot to wound those brandishing them, on the premise that they may be the real thing.
The gun that the man must have had was a Gas airsoft gun of some sort, probably around 700-1,000fps those are not meant to be used in combat with one another. The United States does allow you to shoot one another, as long as you keep the 1/4 inch orange tip on the airsoft gun. If you play in the woods or somewhere out of site, you usually take off the orange tip.

BTW here's a older pic of me with 2 of my airsoft guns.

-MP5
-In holster Glock 19

IMG_4626.jpg

hascet said:
I never knew that it was against the law in England, in America it is against the law to have one where the end of the barrel isn't painted orange, for the exact reason that you said because it could be real. And I think that some kids have been shot because they waved a fake looking gun at some police officers, but that isn't the police officers fault...
You look at things very philosophically, I like your attitude, you don't go blundering in, offering airy fairy opinions, you're perfectly correct, it isn't the officers fault, they have a split second in which to make up their mind whether to fire, get it wrong & they've shot & possibly killed a young boy pointing a fake gun at them.
I don't know whether it's done in the States, but here, there are people who will, for a price, bore out the barrel of a replica handgun, converting it to fire bullets

^Mike^ said:
The gun that the man must have had was a Gas airsoft gun of some sort, probably around 700-1,000fps those are not meant to be used in combat with one another. The United States does allow you to shoot one another, as long as you keep the 1/4 inch orange tip on the airsoft gun. If you play in the woods or somewhere out of site, you usually take off the orange tip.
The thing is, he wasn't a man, he was a teenager.

Back
Top Bottom