Computer wont start.

GSisaac

Baseband Member
I built a computer from parts off newegg, put it together to the best of my knowledge, and It didn't turn on. So, I sent what I thought were malfuncting parts back on RMA to newegg, and got them replaced with others. So, I put it together again and I get the same problem.

Its got:
Core 2 duo 2.13ghz
Asus p5b motherboard
Pny Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS
Corsain xms2 ddr2 Ram 1gig (x2)
550w Rosewill psu

I didn't include the CD/DVD or the HD because I figured it wouldn't be the problem.

Now this is what happens, I plug it in, turn it on, the LEDs flash, the fans spin, and then turn off in the same second. Most of the time it doesn't even do that. So I cant figure out what the probmlem is other than I guess the parts don't go togeather, or its not getting enough power. Any ideas?

Im not sure now, I just took the cpu out, then put it back in, then tried again, Amazingly It work! I turned it off, then back on again to make sure it wasnt a fluke, it still worked. I turned it off again to put the case back togeater and when I went to turn it on again, nothing. So I think that might be it. But if thats the case then the heatsink keeps getting out of place. :(

What could be doing that? How would I know if it is? How would I fix it?

Take everything out of your case and build the computer outside of the case, just make sure that it is all on wood since its a non-conductor.

Also do you have all the mobo screws in or just some?

Are you locking the heatsink in place? Probably a stupid question, but you have got the fan attached, havent you ? :)

Thank you guys very much, I think its working now. If I have any more problems Ill let you know.

GSisaac said:
Im not sure now, I just took the cpu out, then put it back in, then tried again, Amazingly It work! I turned it off, then back on again to make sure it wasnt a fluke, it still worked. I turned it off again to put the case back togeater and when I went to turn it on again, nothing. So I think that might be it. But if thats the case then the heatsink keeps getting out of place. :(
Sounds like the processor just wasn't seated correctly.

Back
Top Bottom