Crap FPS

DL 3900 UL 366
Re-installed it about 3 times incl steam.
tried all the fps_maxs
I didnt have this problem beforce with my 6200 it only started happening when i put my 7950 in so i doubt it is my internet connection...
Could the graphics card be faulty?

It's possible...

Do the video stress test and see how many FPS you get. If you get better FPS in the stress test, then it's most likely your internet connection.

guys, since when has internet connection had anything to do with fps?
No, it's not your internet connection.

Do other games run fine? Also, what kind of a psu do you have, and do you have the power connector attached to the vid card?

Ye i got the hipper 580w its all connected probably just i think some settings are fucked up because the fps never increases....

Sometimes it is fine like i get 100 fps in stress test opn full other times i cant get more than 40 fps on low...

so i just did the stress test in cs:s got 140 fps, went onto a dust2 server with 8 people
and got around 30 fps when i was just running on my own when ever someone would shoot it would go down to 10/20.This is pissing me off bcos i just bought this gfx card and i cant even use it -.-

mammikoura said:
guys, since when has internet connection had anything to do with fps?
No, it's not your internet connection.

Do other games run fine? Also, what kind of a psu do you have, and do you have the power connector attached to the vid card?
Lag, I'd assume...why is it that the stress test and the actual in-game performance vary so much then? :confused:

EDIT: Also, what are your GPU temps under load?

Any comments will be appreciated because in 2 days time i am sending it back and would like to make ure its the card not anything else...

It's in the nVidia Control Panel.

Open up nVidia Control Panel (rightclick taskbar icon and choose it) > 3D Settings > Monitor Temperature Levels

You can also tell it to record the temps by checking the "Continue to log temperature even after I leave this page" box. That would probably be better for while you're in-game.

Back
Top Bottom