Freakin Sweet!

Ð88 said:
Seen one demonstrated on British TV, a few of the larger colleges & private schools have had the large ones for a few months now, who says we're behind in technology??
Also, it was a Scot who first invented television, John Logie Baird, the Russians said they did of course!, but that's since been disproved, In 1926, Baird showed a working TV to a group of 50 scientists, in 1927, transmissions were sent 438 miles from Glasgow to London, 1928 saw the first transatlantic transmission.

Well it was actually several people who invented the television, but it was John Logie Baird who first publicly demonstrated a working model.

alvino said:
Well it was actually several people who invented the television, but it was John Logie Baird who first publicly demonstrated a working model.
That's what counts Al!, a working one!, before Baird, someone experimented with a system that involved a spinning disc & got a very fuzzy image, seeing this, my uncle, a bit of an egg-head, had a go, but I don't think he succeeded.

alvino said:
You must be in a school or a school district with lots of money.
nah they are actually a couple million in debt lol. dufferin peel catholic district school board.

In the fall of 2005, staff of the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board (DSB)
advised the Ministry of Education that they would not be able to balance the budget for
the 2005-2006 school year. Based on Revised Estimates, a year-end deficit of $15.1M
was anticipated. Even larger deficits were projected for future years.

Many schools have the Smart Boards. Mine does in a few classrooms, including the library, and almost every classroom has an overhead projector mounted on the ceiling. It is NOT the same thing as in the video. They really don't cost all that much, since the projectors were already there, all that happens is they project onto this touch sensitive projection screen. Basically, it's a dual monitor setup with one monitor being a regular LCD and the other being the projector. Then they use the regular mouse and keyboard, but the touchscreen can also be a mouse.

I've used it before, for one project I gave a Powerpoint presentation with it. It's pretty cool.

But our school district is pretty rich. Lots of doctors and professors. I think we have like 700 white kids, 300 Asians, and 23 black kids. (the 23 black kids is a fact, I know it) It is a public school though. One of my friends, both his parents are surgeons and he's getting a Mercedes for his first car...

freestyler105 said:
Many schools have the Smart Boards. Mine does in a few classrooms, including the library, and almost every classroom has an overhead projector mounted on the ceiling. It is NOT the same thing as in the video. They really don't cost all that much, since the projectors were already there, all that happens is they project onto this touch sensitive projection screen. Basically, it's a dual monitor setup with one monitor being a regular LCD and the other being the projector. Then they use the regular mouse and keyboard, but the touchscreen can also be a mouse.

the highschool i went to had those in all the rooms but honestly it was probably the biggest waste of money to buy the smartboards because none of the teachers ever used it. They may as well have just had white screens.

Back
Top Bottom