Anyone Here Play Airsoft?

Lol, I have the most ghetto airsoft gun ever. It's like 50 years old, it's pump action, and it's all taped together. If I can find it I'll post a pic.

Directly I see "airsoft" I know there'll be controversy, there have been 4 of these forums & they all got closed, 1 by me, 3 by other mods, they started off OK, like this one but then they all detiorated into endless discussion, about which was best, some ending in arguments & flaming, the biggest surprise to me & other mods were the size of members arsenals, anything from 8 up to 18, why? I guess that most of them
are for display or for use on registered ranges, but up to now a couple on here have said that they had shot one another!!, what's all that about?
"Airsoft" is a misnomer, when one of those slugs hits you it ain't soft a young relative [11] lost an eye, & a friend of his [14] had to have one removed from his leg, under anaesthetic.

well, there are strict regulations on official courses, atleast for paintball there is your not allowed to go above 250 Feet Per Second and the refs actually do random field tests if you are over you get kicked, i'm sure its similar for airsoft because the paintball field I go to does airsoft as well

For airsoft you can't go over 350fps for your gun if you want to shoot one another. I'm on a team and we go against others in battle, YOU MUST wear eye protection, you are considered an idiot if you don't. Airsoft guns don't hurt that much they sting for a few seconds and then stop, just enough for you to say your out. here is more about airsoft and battles, www.oplionclaws.com

Ya, eye masks are a requirement for paintball as well, and is taken very seriously if you tkae your goggles off on the field you are kicked out of the next game and if you do it again your asked to leave...

^Mike^ said:
For airsoft you can't go over 350fps for your gun if you want to shoot one another. I'm on a team and we go against others in battle, YOU MUST wear eye protection, you are considered an idiot if you don't. Airsoft guns don't hurt that much they sting for a few seconds and then stop, just enough for you to say your out. here is more about airsoft and battles, www.oplionclaws.com
So the one that hit my relative's friend must been of what power?, the guy was about 7 - 10 yards away, & the kid was wearing fairly sturdy jeans, the pellet was about half an inch deep, & was lodged amongst his muscles, it took some pretty tricky minor surgery to remove it, he limped for weeks, can I just say that shooting each sounds ridiculous, it wouldn't be allowed in England, no matter what protection they wore, there was one incidence where US Army families lived on an estate shared by British Army families, a group of American teenagers one evening were running round the estate firing at each other, as it was an estate where the houses were rented by the people themselves, there were no military police, eventually someone phoned the police, a van arrived with four police in combat gear, frightened the kids to death, & they meekly handed over an assortment of handguns & rifles, there was no more trouble.

whats the trouble if they were only shooting each other and not anyone else that wasn't involved?

hascet said:
whats the trouble if they were only shooting each other and not anyone else that wasn't involved?
Simple, it's against the law over here, they had to be protected from each other, is America the only country that allows this??, the other day a teenager pulled a replica AK47 from under his coat, & was waving it about, pointing it at a group of people, it was picked up by a CCTV camera, within minutes, a squad car arrived & he was arrested & released later with a caution, I believe that there is a new law banning all replica weapons, there are cases where police have shot people carrying these openly on the streets, they are instructed to shoot to wound those brandishing them, on the premise that they may be the real thing.

okay now 1st of all, haven't read the whole thread so don't know exactly what is going on. But if you are still talking about airsoft, I'm pretty sure it's allowed in England.

mammikoura said:
okay now 1st of all, haven't read the whole thread so don't know exactly what is going on. But if you are still talking about airsoft, I'm pretty sure it's allowed in England.
I have a friend in the police force, yes it is allowed, but not on the streets, you have to register to be able to fire it at targets on a government approved range, I believe there are a few airsoft ranges, but they are mostly for airguns/air rifles, similar, but they use a shaped pellet, mostly .22.

Back
Top Bottom