DHCP Problems

Infin1ty1

In Runtime
Alright sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed right. Me and a classmate are setting up a server for our College class, and for some resaon we cant seem to get our client that we are using to renew its ip address, we have tried everything we can think of and were just stumped. Were using Windows Server 2003. If you guys could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig/ renew

Check your DHCP server see when your IP address expire. I know a lot of times your DHCP will just renew the same address to your MAC address. Also make sure your comptuer is set to obtain a IP address automatically and not static.

Thats what we cant get the computer to do, when ever we try to renew is when we get the "Cannot connect to DHCP Server." And yea we have it set to automatically obtain IP addresses.

Have you actually set the DHCP server up on the computer? Its in the manage server options

Yeah the DHCP server has been set up, sorry if I forgot to mention it but yeah, we have everything set up. We checked the ip address rang to make sure that was right, checked everything else, and we just cant seem to find the problem.

Can you run ipconfig and post the results on here. Do the server and client. Also, some more information about the setup would be good

Back
Top Bottom