Ownage's new computer parts/work log

lhuser said:
So, what's still missing?

got my cpu today, waiting on RAM and still indecisive about power supply. I'm getting waterblock when the video card comes out.

LambOfGod said:
Nice parts man, Water cooled.

Always kinda scared me though, If i brought my comp to a LAN, the kit leaking on my components and such.

Thats what hose clamps are for. Metal worm drive clamps work well. And just cap your radiator and such. Nothing should happen ;) I've noticed that its usually the veteran water coolers that make mistakes since they get lazy and skip a step here and there.

okay, here are the cpu pics!

okay, ordered a ATi x1950pro to hold me over till the x2800. Then i will use the x1950pro as a physics card! woohoo!!! RAM is coming on tuesday just to keep you guys updated.

Nice. I can't wait until my Icemats come. :D So yummy. Now I just need a case for my Gigabeat.

I'll try to see if I can buy the switch soon.

Power Supply:

^^ boy! that is cramped!

^^ 80mm fan for cooling. Sanyo Denki

^^ Cables, some of them aren't sleeved all the way. Guess i'll have to do it myself.

Last but not least, specs of the psu. Notice how the 12V rails account for 96% of the total output of the power supply. And all of these specs are rated @ 50*C instead of the typical 40*C. That is what I call "Server Quality" All capacitors in the power supply are also rated at a whopping 105*C qualifying for the "Industrial Grade" level.

Too bad you're gonna install them before we get to the LAN party. I'd like to manhandle those sticks of RAM myself. :p

The thing that sucks is that he can't use his PC until the X2800 comes out, and that's going to be a heck of a long while.

Back
Top Bottom