Crap FPS

shankles

Baseband Member
So i am getting never getting more than 40 fps on any settings in a server with more than 10 people.

--specs--
BFG GeForce 7950 512 OC
915p chipset motherboard
intel p4 processor 3064 Ghz
XP
1 gb of ram

How come i am getting such crappy FPS.

Sub-Note
i had a geforce 6200 before and i know that uses up my system ram am i ment to change a setting to stop this form happening or w.e or does my pro+mobo not fast enough to keep up with my gfx card?i.e it cant process the information quick enough?

Not your spec, its your download/upload speed. What kind of internet do you have?

Also what game is it? Some games have specific settings you can change to raise FPS.

Do you care more about quality or performance, because here is a simple way I got Halo from lagging on minimum video settings, to being able to run almost maxed out:

Note: You MUST have an NVidia card to do this!

1. Download nVHardPage here: http://www.nvhardpage.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=2

2. Unzip/rar it, and run nVHardPagese.exe
3. Go to the tab with the NVidia symbol
4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom
5. Unless it is already checked, check the box that says override vertex shaders.
6. Change the bar just above the check box to the left until it says 1.1
7. Exit, and this should increase performance with games using directx

Note: If you want, you also can screw around with the antialiasing modes and overclocking, but I'm not going to cover that now.

Hope this helps ya!

No matter what i do,put all the setting son HIGH or all the settings on LOW the FPS stay the same...I have re-installed the latest drivers about 20 times and made sur ei un-installed them before -.-

Do an internet speed test and post the results here:
http://speedtest.net/

Are you experiencing a slow down overall in all applications with your computer? If not, then I think it's your internet connection, especially since changing the settings doesn't help. Also, have you tried reinstalling the actual game?

Back
Top Bottom