What american accent do you have?

I'm northeast...which is lol! Not Philadelphia!
untitleduq7.jpg

Yep, I'm from New York, so mine was right:
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

And it's pronounced loy-yer, not law-yer, FYI.

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

Not quite right, lol.

PCNoob said:
You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.
Where we were staying one time here in England, there were an American who lived in New Hampshire, he was from there, & had virtually no accent, she was from Boston originally, & had the very pronounced "twang", he was telling me about his ranch it was so large that he had to drive to inspect his 150 conifers!, but he didn't buy an American vehicle, oh no, he imported a British top of the range Rangerover, he said they were the best.

Your from the North East.

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Well it got the North East part right, North East of ENGLAND, that is lol

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom