please copy and paste

hascet said:
Did you forget about WWII?

The Americans didn't even enter WWII until they were attacked by Japan.

Britain joined very very early (1939) and Canada joined 10 days after Britain.

Oh geez, mods, I hope you've got your edit buttons at the ready.

IMO, there's no reason to take sides on this. Mostly everyone on this forum is from the Allies, and there's no reason to start an argument about who's army did the most good in the war. I could see if you were arguing about something with a point, like if Truman did the right thing by giving to order to drop the atomic bombs, but this debate is pointless. **Sings "Why can't we be friends"**

And as for the OTHER debate, I think we should leave Iraq as soon as we can.

boardordi3 said:
ok, first of all, whether we came late, or for our own problems, we still came, and pushed them the hell away from you guys, and we still went into europe more than japan

and canada
you guys were still i dont even know, "associated" with britain weren't you? and do you guys even have like an army, im honestly asking, i thot that britain was like co-armied(lol sp? grammar?) with you guys? i thot u guys had like the guys with like red uniforms?

boy does my english suck

First off we were associated with Britain and we still technically are, however the choice was 100% ours to enter WWII

We have Mounties that wear red uniforms and they are a police and not military force. We have around 90,000 people enlisted in the Military currently, and our Military has been involved in EVERY UN peacekeeping mission ever.

ok, thanks for clearing that up Chris, i honestly didn't know, and I wasn't sure if you were still associated with britain.

root said:
I almost find that offensive, no American GI has ever died specifically for me...

Did you forget about WWII?

No, I didn't forget about WWII (in fact the original post I wrote had specific reference to the amount of people that died in the start of that war whilst waiting for america to decide if it wanted to join a war or not... people that died for you to preserve your way of life, whilst the american GI was sat on his thumbs -I re-wrote the original post because I thought that it was obvious, many more people that americans died in WWII -and WWI for that matter!)

however it seems that the original poster did, the point being that
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
is wrong, many millions of people have died defending my rights to freedom, not just jesus, or the American GI.

did you ever stop to think that (as Glasseye said) we are all allies, the point being that many british soldiers died to preserve your way of life as well...
(as well as Canadian, Australien, Russian, French, Korean, Indian, Pakistani,).
and indeed (even taking WWII as an example) many Japanese, German italien etc countries fighting against us had civillians that died standing up for what they thought was right, and standing against their governments.

and to that matter, many of the people now in the "axis of evil" were once allied fighting for a common cause...

My point is that yes, be patriotic and support your troups, but don't forget about everyone else in the rets of the world that has died for you, regardless of their skin colour, nationality or current alliances.

the point is that the statement that only 2 forces ever died for you, 1, Jesus, 2 the American GI is offensive.

it doesn't take into account the many, (many) other peope that have laid down their lives for you, regardles of their nationality of religion.

perhaps I was wrong to use the word offensive, ignorant would have been a much better fit...

(IMO if you really want to show support for the troups perhaps petition david for a yellow ribboon avatar to be added?)

you do raise an interesting point about being blind...
Specific reference to the patriot act,
Specific reference to a lot of restaurants in america becaming 'anti-french' when france didn't want to go to war in Afganistan (french fries become freedom fries etc).
there are a lot of things that are appearing to be done in the name of patriotism, that just seem to go against all the ideals of america that are what make it a great place. -though as I'm not an american citizen it's not really my place to point that out.

The Americans didn't even enter WWII until they were attacked by Japan.

Britain joined very very early (1939) and Canada joined 10 days after Britain.
Yesterday 11:40 PM
Technically, 1939 - 1942 it was named the battle of Britain, it was an internal power struggle inside of europe (more or less).
WWII could have started until america was involved, you can't have a WORLD war without the participation of the whole world.

Back
Top Bottom